2016 Toyota Prius electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Toyota Prius:

2016 Toyota Prius Owner Comments

Oct 182016

Prius

The coating on the wiring system attracted rodents to my car, the rodents ate through the electrical and tried to nest in the engine bay. The results were massive systems malfunctions and the car wasn't safe to drive. I had to get it towed to Toyota and they stated that this is a common problem. "they've seen alot of this recently"

- Brea, CA, USA

Jun 302016

Prius

Rodent damaged wiring and casings by eating/damaging both at a cost so far of $2700. I have owned this vehicle for one month. I've been told the warranty does not include the damage. I asked about where the dealership stored the vehicle prior to its delivery to me. I wasn't satisfied with their explanation.

- Mt. Horeb, WI, USA