7.9

2012 Toyota Prius c engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Toyota Prius c:

2012 Toyota Prius c Owner Comments

Jul 062013

Prius c

My 2012 Toyota Prius C four model (purchased new in August, 2012) with approximately 5,200 original miles experienced a loss of power and total failure (engine stalled right after the hybrid motor warning light appeared) of the 2012 Toyota Prius C hybrid inverter engine due to an electrical panel defect while exiting I 495 in alexandria, Virginia on the late evening of July 6, 2013. Toyota corporate (1-800-331-4331) opened case file # 1307101143 and our local Toyota dealership in alexandria, va. Was very helpful and proactive in replacing the entire hybrid inverter motor component on the 2012 Prius C under factory warranty and at no charge to me as the original owner of the vehicle. Toyota corporate also advised me that they are unaware of any recalls or other reported problems with the 2012 Toyota Prius C hybrid inverter motor so our situation was, hopefully, an anomaly.

- Alexandria , VA, USA