3.1

2012 Toyota Prius c miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Toyota Prius c:

2012 Toyota Prius c Owner Comments

May 012013

Prius c

When in the high 80S+ outside, my 2012 Prius C, bought new, has not started from in a stopped position, with all the warning lights on the dashboard activating &, many times, the hybrid system shutting down while I'm trying to exit a driveway or garage, city street or parking the vehicle, creating a sudden stall & leaving me in the path of oncoming traffic. Took to dealership many times & they insist my car can't be doing what it's doing because they see no codes & ignore my screenshots, pics & video. When I ask them why my car has same "symptoms" as others of the same make, model & year, their reply is that my specific car has not been recalled. They will not even look to see if there are problems with the sensor, inverter or software. My car has only 8700 miles on it. I am afraid to drive it cause I have no clue what it's going to do & the dealership is unconcerned. It seems neither the NHTSA nor Toyota gives a damn about safety. I think the issue is the software in the electronic controls of the car, with current settings that could create heat in some of the transistors. 2012 Toyota prius electrical system: Software, hybrid propulsion system: Inverter NHTSA campaign #14V053000. Summary: In the affected vehicles, the intelligent power module (ipm) inside the inverter module (a component of the hybrid system) contains transistors that may become damaged from high operating temperatures. If this occurs, various warning lamps will be illuminated on the instrument panel...consequence:the vehicle may enter a fail-safe/limp-home mode that limits the drivability of the vehicle. The hybrid system could also shut down completely resulting in a vehicle stall, increasing the risk of a crash. Just cause my specific car was not included in the recall doesn't mean it shouldn't have been when it is doing the exact same thing that the other recalled cars are doing.

- Glendale, AZ, USA

Jan 142016

Prius c

Brake booster w/ master ECM communication malfunction -unable to communicate and performs ABS, anti slippery and brake pedal to low. The malfunction includes warning lights panel to stay on.

- San Juan, PR, USA