2012 Toyota Prius v accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Toyota Prius v:

2012 Toyota Prius v Owner Comments

Nov 212012

Prius v 4-cyl

My 2012 Prius V had about 3000 miles on the speedometer when I began to notice that from a start, when I would put the lever into drive it would go into reverse. It is very intermittent. I cannot make it deliberately happen. I have taken the car to the dealership over this issue twice. They could not get the car to make the shifting error. Because they cannot replicate the error, they will not give credibility to the problem. This problem has occurred probably 20 times since it began happening. I am now keeping a log on each occurrence. It has been insinuated that I do not know how to shift this vehicle. After watching the how to shift video, I don't think the dealership understands the shifting mechanism. However, this did make me more conscious of my actions during shifting. I actually did catch the shifting problem as it occurred. My hand was on the lever in the drive position with the hand pressure being down. The car was in reverse with the beeping and camera on with the lever in full drive position. I am very concerned that the car will go into reverse and I would not be aware of it because I had put it into drive. This is an accident waiting to happen.

- Elmhurst, IL, USA