2013 Toyota Prius v fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota Prius v:

2013 Toyota Prius v Owner Comments

Jul 272014

Prius v 4-cyl

We rented a Toyota prius from enterprise in shreveport la at the airport. We drove to kilgore tx for the shakespeare festival. In kilgore, the driver with one passenger attempted to enter a diagonal parking space in front of a strip mall. Upon approach, going approximately five miles per hour or less, the car's brake pedal went to the floor, with no braking happening. The car then surged into the parking space, up over the curb, and into the corner of a store, causing extensive injury to passenger side and passenger, minor injury to driver, and extensive injury to the building. Police records state that "at the scene, I checked the brakes of the vehicle both running and not running and fond there was little or no resistance while threatening pressure to the brake pedal. I observed the brake pedal go all the way to the floor and heard a metallic grinding. This lead me to believe the brakes did not function properly at the time of, or immediately prior to the accident."

- Edgewater , FL, USA