9.9

2015 Toyota Prius v fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota Prius v:

2015 Toyota Prius v Owner Comments

Jan 212016

Prius v

Prius V3 lunging backwards 1/21/2016 on Thursday 1/21/2016, I was parked in a big lot and after my appointment, got in the car and turned it on. But rather than pull backwards out of the spot, I decided to first make a call using bluetooth. The call took about 10 minutes. I then hung up, released the emergency brake, and moved the stick shift into reverse with my foot, of course, on the regular brake. As I released that brake, the car lunged hard about 10 feet backward across the parking lot "drive", into where other cars could have been parked but luckily weren't. I automatically and immediately put my foot back on the brake which stopped the car. Needless to say, I was bewildered and scared by what had happened, counting myself very lucky there was no other car parked behind me. I don't know what caused the engine's lunge, I just know that I have driven Toyota prius cars for the last 15 years, love them, and never had any driving issues. In researching the problem online, I saw that it might have been the car's power train, since similar lunges were described in cars a couple of years ago.

- Chevy Chase, MD, USA