8.0

1997 Toyota RAV4 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Toyota RAV4:

1997 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

Apr 042006

RAV4

When it rains , it rains in on the drivers side back seat and floorboard, looks like it is coming in around the trim of the door. Thought it was the weatherstripping around the door had dryrott over the years but is not that. Took off the luggage carriage on top thought it was leaking under that not it either. If I turn it around facing down hill it wont leak in, but if I pull in driveway it will leak every time. You can hear a gussing of water going out the top of the vehicle when you start to back out of the driveway, there must be some hollow place in the roof. I have sunroof but have not any problem with it I don"t think it is leaking if it was looks like it would leak some where else, it is just in this one place, it is begin to smell a little musty, please help if you can. I have to keep up with the weather report to see if it is going to rain so I can back it in the drive way. Love my Rav 4 don't want to get rid of it.

- , Spencer, TN, USA