1997 Toyota RAV4 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Toyota RAV4:

1997 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

Dec 012014

RAV4

fuse #10 keeps blowing out-engine turns over-car won't start

For the past 4 years I have been carrying a bag of #10 (Ignition) fuses, a screwdriver and flashlight in my '97 Toyota RAV4 because the #10 fuses keep blowing out, the engine turns over and the car will not go into gear. I have had it towed, and they kept it overnight twice, and this last time Feb 2015, they kept it 3 days and said they could not find the problem. They told me next time it happens to have it towed without replacing the fuse. I am female (old) and it feels dangerous changing fuses on dark streets or parking lots. I would like to hear if anyone else has had this fuse problem.

- , Fresno, CA, USA