1998 Toyota RAV4 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Toyota RAV4:

1998 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

Oct 012009

RAV4 4 cyl

I bought a 1998 RAV4-used for my daughter. While driving down the Interstate the truck began to jerk and hesitate. I prayed that we could make it to the next exit. It continues to hesitate after stopping and when turning corners. When coming from school, my daughter said just slowed down and stopped while she was driving. I took it to the Toyota dealership and they said that they could not diagnose the problem because there was no check engine light on. I asked about the recall for ECM problems. He looked on the service bulletin and said it didn't apply to my vehicle? Anyone else have this particular problem?

- , Charlotte, NC, USA