- February 2: Toyota Recalls Older Vehicles With Airbags That Spontaneously Deploy recalls | 7 days ago
- January 26: Takata Recalls 5 Million Airbags Affecting 10 Automakers recalls | 14 days ago
- January 4: Toyota Yaris Crash Kills 5 in California news | 36 days ago
- December 28: 2016 Top Safety Pick+ Award Winners news | 43 days ago
- December 9: Toyota Tacoma Rattling Noise Gets Enhanced Warranty news | 62 days ago
Power Door Lock Not Working
CarComplaints.com Notes: If you're looking for a vehicle with one of the most complained about transmission on the road, look no further than the 2001-2003 Toyota RAV4.
In 2001 Toyota completely redesigned the popular SUV. While some enjoyed the new look, they did not enjoy the harsh shifting, jumping from gear-to-gear and eventual transmission failure that cost owners well over $3,000 to fix. The problem stems from a malfunctioning Electronic Control Module (ECM).
Consumer outrage coupled with pressure from different agencies led Toyota to extend the warranty nationwide back in 2010. The previous power train warranty only covered 5 years/60,000 miles, while the extended warranty now covers the transmission and ECM for 10 years/150,000 miles. Toyota also pledged to reimburse any owners who had previously paid for repairs, if they had "proper proof". Good luck collecting on that one.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 62,375 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem