2004 Toyota RAV4 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota RAV4:

2004 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

Apr 272015

RAV4 L

Yesterday night, while driving my Rav4, the cars acceleration suddenly started hesitating. In addition, when shifting from gear to gear, the shifting became very harsh with a feeling that the transmission had a lot of pressure. This is not an unknown issue to the Toyota. There was an article in the new york times about the complaints:

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/18/toyota-owners-complain-this-time-about-the-rav4/ and if you search online, hundreds and hundreds of complaints. Although my car is a 2002, it has very low miles for it's age (96K). Toyota never notified me about this issue and I feel so unsafe driving my car around the crowded bay area. I called and Toyota offered nothing other than for me to bring the car into the dealer. I stopped taking my car to the dealer because they messed up my oil change previously and were charging me an arm and a leg despite doing a shotty job. I will never buy a Toyota again.

- , Cupertino, CA, USA