8.0

1. gas pedal replacement kit (1 reports)
2004 Toyota RAV4 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota RAV4:

2004 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

May 072010

RAV4 2.6L

I was driving and all of a sudden it felt like my transmission dropped. Instantaniously my check engine light and VSC tracking light came on. It was Friday during rush hour and I was on a busy road. I was able to get my car off the road by pushing the pedal to the metal on for it go about 10mph. Turns out it was only a censor that needed to be replaced.

HOWEVER, since Toyota's gas pedal issues, they do not sell the censor by itself ($80 in cost), but they only sell it now as a whole replacement kit ($500+ just for the part). It is not on the recall list. SO, because Toyota has effed up, we as consumers have to pay over $500 for a stupid replacement kit, when they should be the ones fixing the problem! I am a single mother barely making ends meet, just filed bankruptcy, and now this?? What a situation! I will buy a Honda next go around for sure!

- , Baltimore, MD, USA