2005 Toyota RAV4 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota RAV4:

2005 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Aug 272015

RAV4

I received a recall letter on July 7, 2015 concerning the takata driver's airbag recall. A local dealership put me in a rental car the next day. On Thursday, July 27, 2015, there was a message on my home phone that the part had been received and my car was repaired. As of Sept. 1, 2015, when I enter my VIN # on your database, my recall status is listed as: Recall incomplete. This information was updated today. Has my car been repaired" I also haven't received a letter from Toyota notifying me when a remedy is ready as is stated in the interim notice. Is there a remedy yet" I called the Toyota customer experience center (phone number in interim letter) on sat., Aug. 29, 2015 and wasn't provided with any additional information.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Aug 192015

RAV4

A representative at passport Toyota, located at 5001 auth way, suitland, md told me that because my airbag light wasn't on that they were not going to provide me with a rental vehicle until Toyota announces a permanent solution for my car. This is not only in direct violation of my recall notice (it specifically states that if I feel unsafe driving my car, then the dealership will provide me with a rental) but displays that representative's ignorance of the recall notification, which also states that there is no warning light or other indication that the issue with my drivers side airbag exists. Since I live in a major metropolitan area (Washington DC) where multiple vehicle accidents happen daily, I feel incredibly unsafe driving without the full assurance of a working drivers side airbag. As stipulated in the recall notice, the dealership is obliged to provide me with a rental vehicle given that Toyota does not have a solution to this problem at this time. I also called darcars Toyota on 12210 cherry hill road, silver spring, md, and I was told that they would not provide me with a car either. I find it appalling and abhorrent that 2 dealerships in a major metropolitan area would refuse to comply with the conditions of a recall notice, especially one that involves a drivers side airbag given the current recall situation with a similar part on a different vehicle.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jun 082015

RAV4

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Rav4. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V284000 (air bags) however, the part was not available. You stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Santa Fe, NM, USA

Jul 142014

RAV4 4-cyl

I received a recall notice for the air bag in my Rav4. I have called Toyota twice and have gone to the dealer and no one will give me an answer to when the car can be fixed. Since the car is unsafe to drive I cannot use the car. The dealer wants to charge me $35 a day for a loaner car. I want an answer to when the car will be repaired. It has been 6 week since I got the notice. I have no safe car to drive...updated 08/27/15

- Saratoga Springs, NY, USA

May 152015

RAV4 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Rav4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V284000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact telephoned the manufacturer and requested a loaner vehicle as stated in the recall notice, but the request was denied. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time to provide the part to do the recall. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 12/03/15 updated 12/07/15.

- Chicago, IL, USA

May 132015

RAV4

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Rav4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V284000 (air bags); however, the part to do repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Delray Beach, FL, USA

Feb 012015

RAV4

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Rav4. When the vehicle was started, the driver side air bag warning light illuminated. The horn and the cruise control failed to operate. The contact spoke with the dealer where the technician stated that the spiral core needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 244,000.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Nov 052009

RAV4 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Rav4. The contact stated that while driving approximately 40 mph, another vehicle crashed into the contact. Upon impact, the air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained broken thumbs, cuts on the right hand, and injuries to the shoulder and spine. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified and informed the contact that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number 06V096000 (air bags). The approximately failure mileage was 73,000. Updated 5/19/14 updated 06/02/2014

- Annapolis, MD, USA

Jan 072010

RAV4

Head on collision, airbags did not deploy, seat belts did not lock, major structural damage to the rav 4 Toyota 2005.

- Solon, OH, USA

May 282007

RAV4 4-cyl

My wife was hit in a head on collision that did over $8,000 in damage in the Toyota, 2005, rav 4. with this damage you would think one airbag would deploy, and that did not happen.we are very concerned about this when getting the car back out of the shop.Toyota airbag technician said they didn't always deploy depending on the impact, what??,head on with over $80 in damage, what will it take someone to be killed.

- Monroe, WA, USA

Dec 202006

RAV4 4WD 4-cyl

- the contact stated that he has a 2005 Toyota Rav4. A 13 year old was driving the car without permission, and became afraid when the police began chasied him. The 13 year old was driving the vehicle in excess of 100 mph and crashed into a guard rail, and the vehicle flipped onto its roof, then skidded approximately 600 feet on its roof. The contact stated that none of the airbags deployed, and they would like to know why. The contact had access to the police report. The contact was told by the dealer that the air bags did not deploy because it was not a direct hit, and that it was not at a 17 degree angle.

- Waynesville, NC, USA