2006 Toyota RAV4 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota RAV4:

2006 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Feb 152016

RAV4

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Rav4. When the vehicle was started, the driver side air bag warning indicator illuminated. The indicator remained illuminated for a week or two before it dimmed. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, but the failure could not be duplicated. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 113,800.

- Sentenial, CO, USA

Aug 132015

RAV4

About 8/13/15, my airbag light came on. On 8/20/15, I had a dealer diagnose the problem. They told me that the spiral cable is not working and my airbag will most likely not deploy if I am in an accident. When I went online to see what the spiral cable is many recall notices for my make and model of car began to show up in the search engine. The way that the service person described the problem to me is exactly what is documented in the recall notices, but my car is not covered by the recall. I have talked with both the dealer and a have gotten to a supervisor at Toyota, but am still waiting to hear back whether they are willing to do anything. I have also noticed in many chat rooms that many other Rav4 owners have had the problem outside of the recall. When I look at documents on the NHTSA website, there is a document from Toyota called part 573, defect information report. On this document the VIN numbers that are affected are listed. My VIN seems to fit, and I am not sure why my car is not part of the recall. I am documenting my issues in the hopes that others will too and the recall will be expanded to include my car.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jul 022015

RAV4

On 7/2 afternoon around 4:20, after picking up parcel from post office downtown high point, nc with wife, while driving back home, speed about 25 mph, my sided airbag deployed, no crash or accident, no warning light was on beforehand, pulled to vann yoke Toyota at high point and they said they will open up a case to investigate for such rare incident and since Toyota factory tech off for the holiday, not until coming Monday they will look at this. I still having tingling feeling at left side of my body.

- High Point, NC, USA

Nov 262013

RAV4

How can I get Toyota to pay for the full amount of the spiral cable repair I had to make in November 2013, just prior to the recall? this was an expensive repair, and they have refused to fully reimburse the repair cost needed so I could drive a safe vehicle. I think they are refusing to do it because I didn't use the dealership--although I sent them the certified garage statement they requested as well as submitting the repair receipt, etc. I didn't use the dealership because they wanted much more to repair it and had a 4 week wait to get the parts and repair scheduled.

- Glendale, AZ, USA

Nov 252014

• 6,300,000 miles
Osteoporosis and I read that this drug brings on or makes worse any osteoporosis condition mine is extremely sever and mine is sever.I have since gone to a neurologist and he put me on verapamil 80 mgs 2 X a day. I fractured my right knee in 15 places-I am in constant pain-I have to pay out money to get anywhere I need to go-groceries, bank all the continuing visits to my primary doctor, my orthopedic surgeon(because unless I do not replace my knee-I will be in this horrific-& pain that is my orthos opinion. I am all for it just to lessen the pain- I do not want to have take pills when it could be gone after my accidents- I receive in the mail yet another recall that specifically says my VIN number and says that besides something that gives electrical to the air bags- may cause air bags-not to deploy-I have no car, it was totaled, the police suspended my license and because of this I have to go through a bunch of stuff in order to get my license back.I have called Toyota a lot of times-they do not care=I was what-I have no familyi have had 4 accidents-never had that many, I had a Toyota ceclica for 20 years and never had 1 recall and did have 1 accident..and that is 20years prior to this one-that car was a super lemon, but no one gives a damn what I am going through and no one cares-the people I have talked to down there are rude and disrespectful to mt. Hopefully I can find a lawyer which will do pro-bono. Thanks for the 15 fractures.the loss of my license, having to -thanks for the misery you have brought me and the rude and crappy behavior of your collegues.I have nothing left-no license, no car-have to pay someone to the doctors, food, had to my championship yorkie up because I could not care for her=U try that with 15 fractures in ur knee-not to mention what the neurologist about my hands.ur customer service sucks-they are rude & disrespectful.

- Duarte, CA, USA

Jun 202014

RAV4

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Rav4. After the vehicle was started, the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was serviced under NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 (air bags); however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 134,313.

- South Ozone Park, NY, USA

May 152014

RAV4

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Rav4. While driving approximately 35 mph, the air bag warning indicator illuminated continuously. The failure occurred on numerous occasions. The contact stated that the part was unavailable to service the vehicle according to NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 (air bags). The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 125,000.

- Marrero, LA, USA

Apr 092014

RAV4 4WD 4-cyl

I saw on local news a recall for my Toyota in April had no light on at time then in may light came on for airbag N has not gone off since. My Toyota dealership is not willing to give a rental until remedy is found.

- Lansdale , PA, USA

Sep 012014

RAV4

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Rav4. The contact indicated that the air bag sensor illuminated intermittently. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 (air bags); however, the dealer indicated that the remedy was not yet available. The manufacturer indicated that the remedy was not available and would not approve an interim repair. Neither the dealer nor the manufacturer was able to indicate when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 123,206.

- Herrin, IL, USA

Jun 122014

RAV4

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Rav4. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator illuminated. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 (air bags); however, the part needed to remedy the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Mindoro, WI, USA

Apr 152014

RAV4

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Rav4. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator was illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 170,000.

- Berea, KY, USA

Aug 012014

RAV4

Air bag light comes on. One thing after another with this piece.... time for another recall..

- Placerville, CA, USA

Jul 012014

RAV4

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Rav4. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign id number: 14V168000(air bag) and stated that parts were not available for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Burgess, VA, USA

May 222014

RAV4

An airbag warning light has come on. Took to Toyota dealership and to fix, we need to replace a clock spring, if not the airbag will not deploy. This is a safety issue and should be a recall as I have researched and found numerous complaints about this issue.

- Drexel Hill, PA, USA

May 012014

RAV4

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Rav4. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 (air bags) and NHTSA recall campaign number: 13V383000 (suspension) had exceeded the reasonable amount of time for repair. The dealer stated the part was not available for repair. The manufacturer was also made aware of the delay in the recall being repair. There were no failures at this time.

- Conroe, TX, USA

Mar 272014

RAV4

Traveling at 45 mph and airbag warning light came on. No accidents.

- Liverpool, TX, USA

Mar 272014

RAV4

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Rav4. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was found that the coil spring needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage and VIN was not available.

- Corry, PA, USA

Feb 252014

RAV4 4-cyl

With out any cause the airbag light on at 55mpg these Rav4 never has front accident and never replace air bags.the service manger at pep boys said the computer analyzer said a bad sensor and air bags not going to inflate if we has accident.

- Carolina, PR, USA

Nov 252013

RAV4 4-cyl

My air bags light came on a month ago. I found out that the clock spring sensor was bad. I thing this should be a recall because is a safety issue and can cause injuries or death of people.

- Lenoir City, TN, USA

Nov 272012

RAV4 6-cyl

Late November 2013 at 75,000 miles air bag warning light began to come in intermittently, problem still exists at 75,300. Dealer notified, no existing recall on 2006.

- Carson City, NV, USA