2007 Toyota RAV4 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota RAV4:

2007 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Jun 082016

RAV4

Vehicle was being operated at low speed (15-20 mph) on residential street approaching a stop sign. Under braking, driver's and passenger's side curtain airbags deployed and driver's seat belt tensioner fired.

- Westerly, RI, USA

Dec 042015

RAV4

The contact owned a 2007 Toyota Rav4. While driving 60 mph, the contact crashed into another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained neck, hip, and back injuries that did not require medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 104,000.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jan 122016

RAV4

Left front input seal has leaked fluid twice now. First time was 9/25/2012 @ 56,516 miles. Second time was on 1/12/2016 @ 101,753 miles. My independent auto repair service, coram precision auto of coram, NY went to Toyota to get the seal needed to fix the leak both times and asked Toyota parts counter if they knew of a recall and they said no. Then they asked why they had so many seals in stock if there had been no recalls. I am on this website and don't see any recalls either but I wonder if any complaints have been filed. Note: I have several recalls for my Toyota Rav4 for gas pedal and now for the 'rear differential coupling' which extends my warrantee until 2017 from Toyota and from NHTSA for my drivers side air bag in 2014 but can't find anything on this wed site. Please follow up with me on the seal problem and if the airbag needs to be replaced. Toyota told me 'no" but I don't trust them. Thanks, wpziems 02/01/2016.

- Coram, NY, USA

Feb 042016

RAV4

I had a front end crash when driving 60-65 mph on I-94 on Feb 4 2016, skidded on ice near alexandria mn, and collided near fence. The airbag did not deploy. No injuries. State patrol report filed-case #716900207. Country insurance claim-205-006-8259. It was declared a total loss. Toyota is not giving me a proper response, just gave their case #:case #1602060045.

- Grand Forks, ND, USA

Dec 042015

RAV4

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Rav4. While driving 65 mph, the contact was involved in a crash and the air bags failed to deploy. In addition, the instrument panel lights illuminated, indicating that the air bags deployed. The contact sustained neck, back, and hip injuries that did not require medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 103,000.

- South Gate, CA, USA

Jan 152016

RAV4

Takata recall. The driver's side ammonium nitrate inflator is now suspect according to Toyota. A replacement part will not be in the pipeline for quite a while at best. Toyota refuses to remove the explosive because it's a "safety item." It defies common sense. I want it disabled until they can fix it. What kind of moron would drive around with a loaded gun aimed at this head" are you guys listening"

- Speedway, IN, USA

Nov 122015

RAV4

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Rav4. While driving at any speed, the air bag light illuminated and flashed. The vehicle was taken to a local dealer, but no failures were found with the air bags. The manufacturer agreed with the dealer. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not provided. The failure mileage was 125,000.

- Manchester, MI, USA

Jun 232014

RAV4

Any time I turn the steering wheel the air bag light used to come on and it would go on and off until recently it stays on it similar to the symptoms that is described in one of the recalls for Toyota NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 I took to the dealership twice but this issue for some reason they only document one of the times and their service was not good I called Toyota and asked them if I am part of this NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 recall and they said no and they were not willing to help me I am hopping that you guys could look into this issue for me pls

- Vienna , VA, USA

Air bag issue.

- Wheeler, IL, USA

Jan 232015

RAV4

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Rav4. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated continuously. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the air bag needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 150,000. Updated 4/21/15

- Beckley, WV, USA

Dec 192014

RAV4

Occupant classification system malfunction (ECU). Toyota is refusing to cover the repair since the vehicle is no longer under warranty. Was advised at the dealership (kendall Toyota) that this malfunction will prevent the passenger airbag from deployment in event of an accident. The system malfunction is not specifically a wear N tear item and I firmly believe it should be covered by Toyota. Rav 4 has had multiple recalls but none for this problem.

- Miami, FL, USA

May 202014

RAV4 4-cyl

When driving with air bags light on is completely unsafe and danger to everyone including driver. Toyota send out interim recall letters to owners of certain models and years including Rav4 2006 to Rav4 and asked to contact local Toyota dealer immediately in case of if air bag light illuminate or illuminated already. Meanwhile Toyota is making arrangement for remedy part ( D squib clock spiral cable ) for those qualified models to fix the airbag light. After I received a same interim notice, the air bag light came on. I called Toyota co-operate office about the my recall notice I received by mail and told that suddenly my air bag light came on. Toyota ask me to take my car to the local Toyota dealer for diagnose which I did and their diagnose result came up with B1801 error ( D squib clock spring spiral cable faulty) which they updated to Toyota database and told me to wait till remedy is available for this fix. I called Toyota co operate office again and they told me to wait till the part is available. It has been now 7 months and I haven't received any further notice nor any remedy yet. I called Toyota few times and finally they give me a wearied answer that my car is not on defective batch anymore and does not qualify for this airbag recall. My car VIN #, year, model everything showing clearly based on interim recall letter that is in that defective recall qualification group but some how Toyota is now playing game and telling me different story. They don't have any answer of who I do have the same faulty spiral cable defect like same exact others defective batch has. Toyota is the one who send out interim notices to those qualified recall batch based on their VIN# and now after 8 months, they are denied that my car doesn't qualify for this recall fix".?" I like to have this investigate by NHTSA's before some one life gets at risk.

- Lynnwood, WA, USA

Jun 022014

RAV4

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Rav4. While driving 30 mph, the air bag warning light illuminated. The dealer stated that the spiral cable assembly needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number:14V168000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 16,000.

- Linwood, WA, USA

Jul 012012

RAV4 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota rav 4. the contact stated when the vehicle was started, the air bag warning light illuminated. The failure recurred continuously. The failure was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 (air bags). However, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 85,000. Updated 12/9/14 the consumer stated there were 2 recalls for the vehicle. None of which had the parts available for repair. Updated 10/1/2015

- Jamaica, NY, USA

Sep 222014

RAV4 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Rav4. While stopped, the vehicle suddenly accelerated without warning and crashed into a fence. The air bags failed to deploy. The driver sustained neck injuries that required medical attention. A police report was not filed. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The failure mileage was 88,000.

- New York, NY, USA

Sep 252014

RAV4

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Rav4. The contact received recall notifications for NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 (air bags) and NHTSA campaign number: 13V383000 (suspension). The parts needed to repair the vehicle were unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Aug 252014

RAV4 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Rav4. While driving 10 mph, the air bag warning indicator illuminated. The failure occurred numerous times. An independent mechanic stated that the air bag failed. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000. Updated 10/07/14 updated 3/12/2015

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Jul 012014

RAV4 4-cyl

My complaint is in regards to the Toyota air bag recall notice sent out several months ago. I have been in contact with Toyota several times in regards to this and they still have no suitable fix for this problem. I am driving around in a car with no functional airbag, which I can not sell due to the sir bag light being illuminated. They have offered nothing to me in any way to resolve this problem in the mean time I am driving around 800-1500 miles per week in a death trap with no air bag. I have no financial means to rent or borrow a car until this is resolved. I have even offered them to buy my car at a loss so I can find other means of transportation. Each person I talk to at the customer service center offers me different advise and tells me a different story as to when the parts will be available and what I can do to fix it. I even went as far as to drive 2 hours to a Toyota dealer that they arranged for me to fix it only for it not to be done when I picked the vehicle up from service.

- Whitesville, NY, USA

Jun 252014

RAV4

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota rav-4. the contact received recall notice for NHTSA campaign number 14V168000 (air bags). The contact stated that the letter was received over two months ago. The dealer was contacted; however, they were unable to perform the recall repair since the parts were not available. There are no failures at this time. The current mileage was 55,000.

- Staton Island , NY, USA