2007 Toyota RAV4 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota RAV4:

2007 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

Aug 102016

RAV4

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Rav4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V596000 (seat belts); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Falmouth, ME, USA

Jun 082016

RAV4

Vehicle was being operated at low speed (15-20 mph) on residential street approaching a stop sign. Under braking, driver's and passenger's side curtain airbags deployed and driver's seat belt tensioner fired.

- Westerly, RI, USA

Aug 132016

RAV4

I am the second owner on this car and it has been in for repair 7 times for various recalls. Does the lemon law apply to my car" you have recalled the electrical windows suspension seat belts cruise control what else is coming! claremont Toyota in California had a complete check on the car and I paid 1500 but I still see recalls. What is going on???" I have another appointment for the suspension on Monday 8/15/16

- West Covina, CA, USA

Apr 202016

RAV4

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Rav4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V096000 (seat belts); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Natick, MA, USA

Nov 172015

RAV4

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Rav4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V096000 (seat belts); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Murrells Inlet, SC, USA

Aug 032015

RAV4

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Rav4. While driving at an unknown speed, the seat belt warning light illuminated while the seat belt was fastened. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 47,000.

- Pigskin, NY, USA

Jul 012014

RAV4

I am the original owner of this Rav4. About a month ago the front-passenger side seat belt began shredding. This seat is used very little. I am the main driver. Since then every time it is used it shreds more & in more places. I think it is defective webbing. Toyota says it is not under any warranty. I can't believe that something this important & required to use by law is not warranted by the manufacturer! if you don't know that a seat belt will not come apart when needed in a accident, what about other safety equipment?

- Alton, IL, USA

Jun 022010

RAV4

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Rav4. The contact stated that when applying the brakes, the passenger side seat belt would tighten to the point of choking the passenger. The contact mentioned that the only way to temporarily remedy the failure was to release the seat belt. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who was unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure and the vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 12,000 and the current mileage was 18,000.

- Kinsale, VA, USA

Jul 202010

RAV4

On July 20, 2010 I was driving my 2007 Toyota Rav4 when I was hit by another car at a high rate of speed. My seat belt failed to restrain me and I hit my head, requiring stitches and a cat scan. My car is currently at a collision center waiting to be evaluated. I have not previously had any incidents where my seat belt had a reason to restrain me, so I do not know if this is an isolated incident or a possible seat belt defect.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA