7.0

2. replace control arm (1 reports)
2007 Toyota RAV4 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota RAV4:

2007 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

Apr 152016

RAV4 LX

THIS RAV4 WAS RECALLED IN 2014 FOR THE CONTROL ARMS AND FIXED. WAS DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD LAST WEEK AND HEARD POPPING NOISE AND LOST CONTROL OF CAR, REAR DRIVER WHEEL WAS CAVED IN AKWARD POSITION. HAD TO HAVE THE CAR TOWED AND HAD IT FIXED. IT WAS THE CONTROL ARM AGAIN.

THIS COULD HAVE BEEN REALLY BAD, SOMEONE COULD HAVE GOTTEN HURT. THANK GOD I WAS ONLY TRAVELING ABOUT 30 MILES PER HOUR AT THE TIME. I HAD JUST PULLED OUT OF A DRIVEWAY AND WAS ABLE TO PULL OFF ROAD IMMEDIATELY. I CALLED TOYOTA AND THEY WANTED 130 TO TOW TO THEIR DEALERSHIP. THEN THEY WOULD DETERMINE IF IT WAS THE FAULT OF THE PART OR IF SOMETHING ELSE CAUSED IT TO BREAK. HA! SOUNDS LIKE A BAD PART TO ME. ANYWAY COST $560 TO REPAIR. THANKS TOYOTA

- , Gallatin, TN, USA

Oct 032007

RAV4 Limited 2.4L 4 cyl

My rear suspension groans every time I go over a speed bump or up a curb. It sounds like bad bushings on an old car. Amazing that every time I take it in they lube the bushings and the noise goes away for about a month. Then it comes back louder. It has been in three times for this. The third time they installed new bushings and connections to the rear sway bar and that held out for about two months. Now it is back and I only have about 5 months left on the warranty. I would really like for this to get fixed before I have to start paying for it out of my own pocket, or maybe that's the gimmick, make some money on me after the warranty is up.

- , Chico, CA, USA