2008 Toyota RAV4 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota RAV4:

2008 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

Mar 192008

RAV4 4-cyl

I own a Toyota rav 4 from 2008. My brake pedal goes all the way to the floor while applying brakes. It have the pump the brakes several times before the vehicle comes to a stop. I have been constantly complaining it to the dealerships about the issue but they have not fixed it yet. All the time the dealership keeps telling that we will get back to you or report it to the representative of Toyota. I and my wife have been scared to drive this car with our two children on board. We bought this SUV as a family car but not able to drive it with peace of mind. We need some help to get this issue fixed. Some of the dealers get back to me saying "this issue has been there" either sell it or we cannot do anything. Make : toyotayear:2008 model : rav 4

- Dublin, OH, USA

Feb 042011

RAV4 6-cyl

My Toyota rav 4, 2008 model accelerated while I pressed on the brake pedal. The harder I went down on the brakes the more the engine revved.

- Sedgwick, ME, USA

Feb 122010

Continuous brake and acceleration problems on my 2008 Rav4 that is not being addressed. I've had several near misses and IżM afraid to drive passengers in my vehicle.

- Roosevelt , NY, USA