2010 Toyota RAV4 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota RAV4:

2010 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Jan 272010

RAV4

My Rav4 was part of the recall. One, I bought my car on 1/22/10. I heard Toyota filed their claim on 1/21/10. The recall was announced on 1/26/10. I feel the dealers most have known what was happening and sold me my car anyway. On the Toyota website it stated if you bought your car within 5 days of the recall the dealer would take it back. When I called the dealer they said they never heard anything like that and redirected my call to their service department, who told me there wasn't a fix yet and I was to wait to be notified. I wanted information on the general manager or district manager and was told I could find it on the website. From there I didn't know who to talk to. I have been sick to my stomach ever since. Two, I never received any information about the recall. I had to call the Toyota hotline and they also said to wait for notification. Three, never receiving a postcard, I finally called a dealer and arranged for my car to be fixed. I was experiencing random acceleration when the car was hot and cold. Four, after the fix the car continues to do this. It will accelerate rapidly, decelerate and then run smoothly again. It does this randomly. It is quite nerve racking when this happens. I don't know what to do. I have a young son which I Transport on a daily bases. I am scared to death to drive a car I waited 12 years to buy.

- Lake Forest, CA, USA

Oct 192009

RAV4

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota rav 4. the contact purchased her vehicle one year ago and consulted with the dealer in reference to recalls. The dealer advised there were no recalls on her year, make and model. Although there was a recall on her year, make and model (NHTSA campaign id number: 10V017000, vehicle speed control: Accelerator pedal) the dealer advised the only recall that existed was pertaining to the floor mats. The contact felt her safety was at risk and wanted to sell her vehicle but was concerned with the rapid decrease in value. She felt she was sold a defective vehicle by an authorized dealer and was not warned that a potential defect existed in the vehicle. The dealer was contacted several times but has yet to respond. There were no failures existing in the vehicle at this time. The current mileage was 1,000.

- Hamilton Square, NJ, USA

Oct 122009

RAV4

The contact owns a 2010 rav 4. the contact stated while driving 25 mph the vehicle suddenly accelerated. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer forthe recall for the pedal repair but the contact does not feel satisfied with the repair. The contact would like the advance brake over-ride system repair but the manufacturer informed the contact that the dealer does not have the equipment to perform that recall repair. The contact does not feel safe driving the vehicle. The failure mileage was 80.

- Folsom, CA, USA

Mar 052010

RAV4

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Rav4. The contact was driving approximately 35 mph; proceeding to a stop sign. While braking there was a surge of unintended acceleration. The engine began to revv. The vehicle resumed to normal operation. The authorized dealer was notified and recommended the vehicle be towed for diagnostic testing. A recall repair was performed prior to the purchase of the vehicle. The recall was under NHTSA campaign id 10V017000 (vehicle speed control: Accelerator pedal). The vehicle had not been repaired at the time of the complaint. The failure mileage was 345.

- Sharon, MA, USA

Feb 202010

RAV4

Just another unsatisfied, unhappy, and scared for my life Toyota owner! the repair for the recall for the accelerator pedal has not fixed the problem. It takes too much effort to apply the brakes and the accelerator sticks sometimes. Braking is becoming a major issue for me-I've never had to apply so much pressure before. I'm used to letting my foot off the gas, letting the car slow down itself, then gently applying the brakes as needed (mostly at stoplights so I don't have to accelerate as much when it turns green). The car really doesn't slow down like it should, requiring me to apply unnecessary pressure to the brake to slow down. Dealer replaced the pedal or repaired it for the recall but nothing has changed.

- Flagstaff, AZ, USA

Feb 222010

RAV4

Toyota/Rav4 year 2010 on feb22 2010 acceleration. On Feb 24th in to Toyota for the recall.

- Bradley Beach, NJ, USA

Feb 042010

RAV4

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota rav 4. while driving 60 mph with the cruise control engaged the vehicle accelerated up to 85 mph. The contact applied the brakes to disengage the cruise control. The contact has not notified the manufacturer regarding the failure. The contact stated that the acceleration was very sudden and could have caused a crash. The failure mileage was 6,000.

- Geneseo, NY, USA

Oct 202009

RAV4

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Rav4. Whenever the contact was driving 20 mph, the vehicle accelerated. The most recent failure resulted in a crash. When the vehicle accelerated it crashed into the side of a house. There were no injuries. The failure mileage was 2,900. The current mileage was 6,500.

- Kinnelon, NJ, USA

Feb 232010

RAV4

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Rav4. The driver stated that he was approaching a stop sign when the vehicle the vehicle accelerated on its own as if he was applying pressure to the pedal. He put the vehicle in neutral and that did not stop the vehicle from accelerating. The driver turned the vehicle off and then back on and it began to accelerate on it's own again. The driver then turned the vehicle off and on again and it began to drive normal. The current and failure mileages were 1,786.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Feb 022010

RAV4

Car seems to lag when I step on gas pedal from a stop position (when I'm stopped at a red light). It has happened 3 times now and only when I'm trying to turn left. Vehicle doesn't jump, but there is a lag and the car doesn't go, even when I'm pressing down on the gas pedal. Does anyone else have this problem? this is my first brand new vehicle and I'm pretty disappointed.

- Minneapolis, MN, USA

Nov 242009

RAV4 4-cyl

While test driving a 2010 Toyota rav 4, idling at a stop light, the engine began revving at a rapid pace. He then restarted the vehicle to resume normal vehicle operation. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer, in which he notified the sales manager of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown. Updated 12/15/09. Updated 12/18/09 the consumer and the salesperson were at a stop light. The consumer stated his foot was on the brake, when the engine began to rev very fast. Updated 12/22/09

- Chapel Hill, NC, USA