6.1

2012 Toyota RAV4 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Toyota RAV4:

2012 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

Aug 082016

RAV4

The door locks wont lock when you put the car in drive..they use to work but now I have to lock them with the button and I have a 21/2 year old granddaugter who sits in the back and am afraid when the car is going can open the car when it is going down the road if the doors are not locked. This is a hazard and defect.

- Sheffield Lake, OH, USA

Aug 032015

RAV4

This has happened about three times. When I am stopping the car with my foot on the brake the engine suddenly revs up and I have to really exert pressure on the brake to prevent the car from lurching ahead. After a few seconds of braking, the engine stops revving.

- St Augustine, FL, USA

Aug 222015

RAV4

The drivers side visor keeps falling down and blocking my view well driving. The visor seems to be defected or poorly made.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Feb 142015

RAV4

New Rav4 purchased 2/2013;bought extended platnum warranty. 5 separate incidents of sudden acceleration 2/14/2015-5/25/2015-had passenger in car each time.1st- traveling S I-79 warrendale pa 60 mph speed drops to 50 mph car in front hit brakes to slow I applied my brakes to slow Rav4 started to accelerate engine started to rev loudly passenger said shift to neutral then I hit brake again to slow. 2nd-local traffic 30 mph applied brake to slow instead car accelerated put into neutral to slow engine revving. 3rd-driving from oakland-North hills pa in traffic 30 mph hit brake to slow for traffic light instead rav accelerated engine revving loudly put in neutral to stop. 4th-traveling 20 mph at local park 3/7/15 approaching stop sign car in front applied brakes, hit my brakes & car accelerated put car into neutral engine revving loudly then applied brakes to stop-drove directly to Toyota dealership advisor checked floor mats stated were properly placed. I made appt at dealership on 3/10. Toyota's conclusion-nothing wrong stated "possible pedal misapplication", suggested I buy flat Toyota floor mats had weathertechs, I purchased new driver's mat & Toyota installed. 5th-5/25/15 leaving grocery store 10 mph went to stop before exiting lot rav would not stop engine loud threw into neutral finally stopped. 5/25/15 emailed CEO of Toyota N America received call back & made appt for 5/29/15 to have rav looked over again at dealership for sudden acceleration issues. Received call back on 5/29/15 from nicki @ Toyota executive office-stated that Toyota stands by their March 2015 assessment that there is nothing wrong with my rav & if I have it towed to dealership by aaa, I would be responsible for all costs to have my vehicle serviced at dealership, would not be covered under any warranties. I have been driving for 40+ year & possible pedal misapplication 5 X's is a bunch of bull.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA