9.5

2. create a glare shield (1 reports)
  3. wish I had one (1 reports)
2013 Toyota RAV4 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota RAV4:

2013 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

Jun 292013

RAV4 Limited 2.5L

Display cant be read in daylight !!! Navigation cant be seen and even the radio information cant be seen. It's not glare .. the screen is just not bright enough !!!! Adjusting the contrast and brightness DOES NOT MAKE IT BETTER!! Seems with all the issues Toyota has had with safety that they would have a fix for this!! Either a software upgrade or replacing the unit!! Very dangerous. I love the car but cant recommend to others until this issue is resolved!!

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA

Oct 032013

RAV4 Limited V6

I can't read nav system during the day, too dark and adjusting brightness doesn't help.

- , Loganville, GA, USA

Apr 092014

RAV4 Limited

The glare on the navigation system makes it impossible to use. I have told two possible purchasers of the RAV4 to check out the problem before purchase. Both declined to purchase the car and in fact chose another brand. I have owned nothing but Toyotas for the last 15 years (Tundra, Camry, Prius and now RAV4). This problem has caused me to loose faith in Toyota's quality. I will probably not purchase another Toyota product.

ppbarnes

- , Benton, AR, USA

Aug 272013

RAV4 XLE

I have a 2013 Toyota Rav4 . In any significant ambient light level, the navigation screen is not visible. The glare on the screen is horrific. Notified dealership. They checked it out and confirmed that I did, indeed, have a problem. Dealership did upgrade on software a little better but what a waste of money stay away. This is a very dangerous situation, trying to position my head so that I can try to get a clear view of the screen. (which is still not possible) I feel like I have spent in excess of one thousand dollars for an option that is unusable. Plus the soft are never find anything and to get you must us the entune don't find that helpful I had a garmin install in my last Rav4 so much better Toyoyta is using cheap stuff that doesn't work this is my last toyota after 8.

- , Hamden, CT, USA

Mar 072013

RAV4 LTD 2.5L Ltd

The problem has existed from the beginning. Took first visit to say "that is how it is".

Six weeks to replace the nav.

The unit is still unusable and if you do it is a hazard.

- , Greenwood, IN, USA

Jul 132013

RAV4 Limited AWD 4 cyl

I should have checked with carcomplaints.com before purchasing the car. Just bought the car and drove it cross country. It now has 4400 miles on it. The Navigation screen is unreadable during the day. I tried every adjustment combination and took the time to read the instruction book for the system. No use. The biggest issue is that when you are on the interstate and need to see the transition lanes for an interchange, you can't. EXTREMELY dangerous. It is totally unusable when you need it the most, like going through a city like Houston. Every transition becomes a nightmare. You find yourself taking your hands off the wheel to try to shade the Nav screen to see it. Impossible.

I have not been back to my dealer yet but, don't hold out hope for a fix judging by the comments of others. I will take it to the dealer when I return to CA in October. The NTSB needs to know about this issue. The manufacturer of the Nav system is JVC. I will follow up and report back.

Update from Sep 16, 2013: I made an error. Its a JBL Nav system, not JVC.

- , Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jun 072013

RAV4 Limited 3.2L V6

Cannot see the Navigation screen at all! Way too dark. Have been back to dealership 6+ times and all they have done has changed the contrast & brightness. This is UNACCEPTABLE!!!! I'm a Realtor and rely heavily on my Navigation system and this was my #1 requirement when buying my new RAV4. Dealership has changed Brightness & Contrast but still cannot see it! Especially during the day when it is Sunny. I live in Southern California - so basically that is every day.

- , Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Mar 302013

RAV4 Limited V6

Got the Navigation on this new car and it is not usable. I have the Navigation on our other Toyota Highlander

and it is ok. Toyota attitude terrible. Factory Field rep wont meet me - service manager says he doesn't know how to fix. Toyota telephone person adversarial. They wont fix it. Never had this happen nor had to work with a

manufacturer like this. AND I buy a lot of cars from this dealer. Believe me I know something is wrong--they say it is glare--sure but only with this car...Call me if you have same problem Barry Hoffman 617 584 5555

- , Cape Elizabeth, ME, USA