Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2013 RAV4's top complaint is that the navigation screen is impossible to see in direct sunlight.

While certainly an annoyance, it's not a big deal in the world of car problems. Luckily the fix is a $10 anti-glare screen cover.

2013 Toyota RAV4 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota RAV4:

2013 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

Mar 102016

The engine started on fire under normal driving conditions. The car was not involved in any accident. The Rav4 limited was totaled. It was less than 3 years old and had 17,500 miles on it. The car was serviced regularly by Toyota. The last service was about 4 months prior to the fire. Toyota has not honored their 3yr/36,000 mile warranty coverage on the car. Toyota has not offered a replacement car, rental or anything. Every time we call our Toyota case manager or legal department managers, we have to leave a message and they never return our calls.

- East Providence, RI, USA

Dec 012014

"blizzard pearl bisque" paint peeling between the windshield and the sunroof. Paint is coming off in large pieces the size of silver dollars. Paint "blisters" first then just falls off the roof of the car. This problem has been there for the better part of the year and seems to have nothing to do with the car being stationary, in motion - or the environment. It has been parked in the same places that my prior Toyota have been parked, and this problem has never occurred before. My wife and I have seen this problem, with this color paint on other Rav4S, prius, and Lexus models.

- Redington Shores, FL, USA

Mar 042015

RAV4 4WD 4-cyl

The throttle stuck on the car. I could not stop the car and it went over a 10 foot fall and crashed to the ground. It was a very scary ride. I tried every way to stop the car but could not. I had my foot on the brake the entire time of the unintended event. I am still very sore three weeks later and have some spinal sprain and wrist sprain, cervical sprain and both knees bruised both knees. The car was taken to a collision center for repairs after I consulted my insurance company....updated 06-16-15

- Dandridge, TN, USA