2014 Toyota RAV4 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota RAV4:

2014 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

Apr 252016

I was driving on I-82 between selah and yakima at approximately 65 miles per hour. The wind was blowing fairly aggressively outside that day and the temperature was roughly 70 - 75 degrees. While driving my sunroof suddenly exploded. No rock hit the car and I was not driving under an underpass where anyone could have thrown something at my car. The sound was like a gunshot. I sincerely thought I had been shot at. Glass flew every where. My sunroof visor was open so the shards rained down into my car and all over me. I had glass down my neck, in my hair, and even found a piece on my eyelid when I rubbed my eye and cut my eyelid and the skin near my inner eye. There was nothing I was aware of that occurred on the road that day that would have caused the sunroof to break. But it blew out with extreme force.

- Yakima, WA, USA