2014 Toyota RAV4 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota RAV4:

2014 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

Jan 042016

This is regarding rav4ev - electric car. I had ~50miles left on the battery and yet I lost traction middle of the road a month ago. Radio and all other things were fine. I had the dashboard say "check ev system". I had to pull over and thankfully I was on the right most lane when it happened. So I called sos and had to tow the car to the service center. They replaced drive unit, traction motor and negative motor. Whole thing took almost good 3.5 weeks. I got the recall taken care last Aug 2015 - so this issue is after the recall. Now, I don't have any confidence with the vehicle. What if this thing happens on the freeway? I am pretty scared. I have one more year on the lease.

- San Ramon, CA, USA

Nov 092015

While making a turn under 10 mph the vehicle suddenly accelerated with the foot off the accelerator pedal. This has happened 3 times with 2 trips to the dealership right after. Dealer could not find anything wrong. Only a quick reaction onto the brake pedal stopped the car from hitting something. 2 of the times the vehicle was turning up a slight hill. This needs to be investigated since Toyota can't find an issue, a un-experienced driver may not react fast enough to prevent an accident.

- Greensburg, PA, USA