6.9

2014 Toyota RAV4 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota RAV4:

2014 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

Oct 162015

RAV4

My 2014 Rav4 has a fuel line leak. The service department claims it is due to a mouse and will not fix it under warranty. I think it appears that the line has been scraped rather than chewed. But if it was damaged by a mouse this is also an issue. The fuel line should not be edible by rodents. Way too many automobile parts are being made from "edible" components. This is a serious safety hazard. I have been warned I should not drive my car - that it could cause a fire. From information available on the internet and from a local repair place I have found that a lot of wiring and other parts are rodent edible and causing a lot of defects.

- Urbandale, IA, USA