2015 Toyota RAV4 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota RAV4:

2015 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

Oct 202016

RAV4

Takata recall. I would like more investigation regarding when a car is repair per specification and state law. How is that a company take control of the value and history of the car. But is not reported the correct way when the repair is done. Affecting the owner of the vehicle.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Mar 052016

RAV4

The car was being driven in philadelphia at a low speed when the engine caught fire. The fire quickly was out of control and destroyed most of the car, including the engine, dashboard, front seats, windshield, windows, front tires which exploded, and airbags.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Dec 172015

RAV4

I had a very dangerous experience with a 2015 toyotarv4 xle. I was going up an exit ramp slowly with the traffic going and stopping when all of a sudden my right foot was stuck between the accelerator and the brake pedal. I could not retract my foot to brake, causing the vehicle to continuing going forward. I believe that there is a serious problem with this vehicle braking/acceleration due to the short space between and or the height of the brake pedal to the accelerator pedal. This issue has been documented by many other drivers that I have read about and I am sure this not new to the Toyota company. I have been in touch with the Toyota customer experience center and have filed a case number.

- Brant Lake, NY, USA

Oct 072015

RAV4

I have had this car for roughly 10 months. It was bought brand new. I have had to replace two windshields in that time. One was cracked in early October 2015 and replaced on November 7, 2015(lengthy due to replacement unavailability). The other happened on December 23,2015 and replaced on December 26,2015 both cracks were due to (what I consider) relatively small stone chips that happened while driving on interstate 90 near North East, pa. I have owned in excess of 15 vehicles in my 44 years of driving. I have never had to replace a windshield in any of the others (yes some repairs were done). I am questioning if the windshields in these cars are being manufactured to the same specifications as in the past and if not do they still meet the current safety standards.

- Erie, PA, USA

Jul 042015

RAV4

Yesterday, while I was parked at a secure location the back glass of my 2015 Toyota Rav4 broke unexpectedly for no apparent reason. There appeared to be no point of impact and the glass appeared to have exploded outwards. There was nothing in the car that went through the window and there was nothing around the car that may have hit the window. Other than two small areas where the glass fell outward the window was shattered but together. However when I got in my car and moved it all the glass crumbled and fell into the truck area.

- Hopewell Junction, NY, USA

Nov 222014

RAV4

Loud buffeting wind noise and vibration when any rear window is partially lowered or open. Will diminish or go away if either front window is open partially or all the way. Vibrating droning noise is so loud you can hear nothing else. Noise increases with speed starting at about 20 mph and up. Design flaw or is a repair available" definitely a safety issue in my opinion. Nature of the vehicle" hope not.

- Penn Yan, NY, USA

Apr 142015

RAV4 4-cyl

Sight lines - again. No one under aprox. 5'9" can safely operate this vehicle. I (at 5'7") can not see the front of the vehicle or determine where the front wheels are because of the poor driver position. The real danger happens at night at unlighted intersections. Turns are missed because the driver can't determine where the front wheels are. I know this doesn't sound dangerous, but mark my words, there are going multiple accidents caused by this vehicle's poor design.

- Venice, FL, USA

Apr 102015

RAV4 4-cyl

From the drivers position the front of the vehicle can't be seen. I missed three corners at night because I can't determine where the front of the vehicle is and I will no longer drive it at night. I consider this to be a lethally dangerous design flaw and demand that the 2015 Rav4 be removed from the roads until Toyota redesigns the front hood, lights and dash areas so the driver can see where the front of the vehicle is. Ps. I'm 5'7" tall and should be able to see the front of any vehicle I'm driving.

- Venice, FL, USA