2016 Toyota RAV4 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Toyota RAV4:

2016 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

Sep 102016

RAV4

While entering a parking space in a normal and frequent manner on the side of a walmart store the vehicle failed to respond to the brake pedal when applied. The vehicle kept moving and proceeded over the sidewalk and into the fenced area around the garden dept. Brakes were applied several times. No other vehicles involved and no other persons involved except driver (myself), husband and son.

- Sevierville, TN, USA

Aug 302016

Na

- Murphy, NC, USA

Jul 152016

RAV4

While driving this vehicle at any speed, whether it is warmed up or right after starting to drive there is an intermittent brake failure. The brake petal will go all the way to the floor with no slowing or stopping of the vehicle. This happens in routine traffic and also with a sudden stop.

- Valrico, FL, USA

Jun 202016

RAV4

While stopped at a red light the vehicle jumped forward and struck the vehicle in front of me. I never took my foot off the brake.

- Leominster, MA, USA

Mar 162016

RAV4

I have had this car since January 2016. Recently, I heard a noise as I apply a brake. I went to the dealer to examine the issue. However, I was told the brakes are doing fine. But the noise has become even louder. I asked one of my friends who bought the same car as mine, a couple month before me. He told me he is experiencing the same problem with his car too. Also, he had also encountered with an empty brake fluid tanker after he saw a brake malfunction signal on his dashboard. Following, my friend and I started to shop around other friends who have the same car with model year 2014-2016. Five out of the seven drivers we questioned had told us that they had already replaced their brakes at least once before they even drive their cars[Toyota Rav4 2014-2015] for a year/<10,000. I think consumers need to be aware of these situations before deciding to buy these products especially as brakes need to meet the highest safety standards.

- Falls Church, VA, USA

Apr 012016

RAV4

The contact owns a 2016 Toyota Rav4. The vehicle accelerated forward while the contact's father was gently depressing the brake pedal. The contact's father depressed the brake pedal all the way down, but the vehicle continued to accelerate and struck a gate. The contact stated that her father had to remove the key from the ignition in order to stop the vehicle. There were no injuries. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and diagnosed, but no failure was detected. The front bumper was damaged. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 3,500.

- Taylor, MI, USA