2016 Toyota RAV4 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Toyota RAV4:

2016 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

Jun 012016

Purch 2016 Toyota AWD Rav4 1 wk ago. Never tried lights B4 purch as was daylight. The next morning w/dark going to work I used the headlights to find out you cant see w/them. I have never had headlights I couldnt see with. On dim: Beams short footage in front of vehicle & the field of vision is dark w/line of darkness above beam & you cannot see any futher. Like you are in a big black tunnel. You dont have a field of vision on the front & sides of the vehicle at all! the driver could possably hit something or a pedestrian, etc.due to improper vision lighting. I had to stop & roll down the drivers window so I could make sure I was turning left correctly on the road to my home at night. I live in the country with no street lights. High beam: Beam up at the tree tops in front of you cris crossed. With these headlights you have no field of vision! I am afraid to drive after dark because I cannot see at all! I have taken vehicle to dealership where purchased & they state cant adjust them but they did try to. Vision was/is still bad. I took vehicle to another dealership to see if might know how to adjust & they stated same thing. They checked the lights, stated lights were in Toyota's specs & is little room for adjustment. I tried using again this morning & still bad field of vision. I called & asked dealership to file official complaint w/Toyota concerning the bad field of vision of these headlights, due to being afraid I might hit something I cant see & be killed or injured or hit someone else I cant see & injure or kill them. The problem w/headlights needs to be addressed immediatlly before this happens w/me or someone else. The dealership stated they have complaints about the headlights all the time. Bought as retirement vehicle costing $30,000 & cant see to drive. I do not know what my recourse is. Please help me if you can before major mishap! thanks

- Church Hill, TN, USA