8.0

2001 Toyota Sequoia steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Sequoia:

2001 Toyota Sequoia Owner Comments

Dec 242015

Sequoia Limited V8

I really want this issue resolved. It is dangerous and there does not seem to be a consistent diagnosis from Toyota or other certified mechanics. The VSC light comes on and car jerks. When pressing the gas, car hesitates like it doesn't want to go and then it releases. This is dangerous when you are pulling out into traffic because it could cause an accident if your car hesitates.

Has anyone found a lasting and safe solution?

- , Stone Mountain, GA, USA

Sep 152011

Sequoia Limited 4.7L V8

While driving, the car jerked to the right at the same time a beeping sound comes on and it stops just as abruptly as it started. It seems like there was something hindering the wheels of the car. Anyone else had a problem like this?

- , Houston, TX, USA

Dec 182010

Sequoia

I was driving on the interstate, when all of a sudden my 2001 Toyota Sequoia jerked to the right and the VSC traction light went on. I quickly pulled the steering wheel back and managed to get to the next rest area, where I called AAA and had it towed. Luckily we didn't crash into the car next to us or roll over. This sounds like a manufacturing problem and I am very nervous as to how much the dealer is going to want to have it fixed. Has anyone heard of a YAW problem?

- , Sarasota, FL, USA