2003 Toyota Sequoia body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota Sequoia:

2003 Toyota Sequoia Owner Comments

Mar 012015

The contact owns a 2003 Toyota Sequoia. While the vehicle was at a dealer for routine service, it was discovered that the frame was rusted and there were five holes in the frame. The vehicle was no longer able to be driven. The manufacturer was notified if the failure. The failure mileage was 108,000.

- West Hampton, MA, USA

Oct 132011

Sequoia 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2003 Toyota Sequoia. The contact stated that the vehicle was taken in for a routine maintenance when she was advised that the front frame was rusted, corroded and exhibited a hole in the frame. The dealer then advised the contact that the vehicle was unsafe to operate. The manufacturer was notified of the failure who offered her a credit to purchase another vehicle but the contact declined. The failure mileage was 81,903. The consumer stated the check engine, vsc and trac lights illuminated. Updated 06/05/12

- Andover, NJ, USA

Aug 172011

My 2003 Toyota Sequoia was rustproofed annually but exhibits an unusual amount of rust on the frame. The spare time is ready to fall off.

- Kalamazoo, MI, USA

Feb 202011

Sequoia 8-cyl

2003 Toyota Sequoia has an unusual amount of rust on the undercarriage. Could present a safety issue.

- Harvard, MA, USA

Aug 152010

My 2003 Toyota Sequoia vehicle has experienced severe corrosion of the frame, resulting in under-body mount spare tire separation and rear brake failure. The affected vehicle was purchased in.

- Aurora, IL, USA

Aug 102010

The contact owns a 2003 Toyota Sequoia. The contact stated that one year ago he was advised by the dealer there was light rusting of the frame. The dealer advised that the vehicle was safe to drive. One year later, the vehicle was taken to a local repair facility for routine maintenance when the contact was informed that the frame exhibited severe rust. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the vehicle was investigated for the failure. The dealer escalated pictures of the frame to the manufacturer however; the manufacturer would not provide any assistance. The manufacturer stated that any repairs would be the liability of the contact. The contact was concerned that the vehicle would not pass inspection and that the vehicle was not safe to drive. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 139,000. Updated 11/16/10.

- Pembroke, NH, USA

Jun 162010

My 2003 Sequoia has failed New York state inspection due to perforation of the frame due to excessive rust. Toyota refuses to admit that this is unacceptable on a 7 year old vehicle. Toyota refuses to correct the problem. Concerned that Tundra had the same issues and was recalled for safety reasons.

- Cooperstown, NY, USA

Dec 072009

The rust recall for the 2000-2003 Toyota Tundra should also include the Toyota Sequoia's for they are built on the same chasis. I have a lot of visible rust on my 2003 Sequoia and am getting worried about driving my kids in the truck. We do live in Illinois which is one of the states involved in the recall.

- Downers Grove, IL, USA

Mar 262009

I have a 2003 Toyota Sequoia and the door lock was vandalized in 2007 the door lock was opened and the windows down. Now it happened again in 2009 and how it is possible that this Sequoia came with factory alarm which is !@#$% because the lock can be open so easy they just detach it from the door so easy that you see it because the windows are down. I do not want another Sequoia of Toyota. What security do I have with this locks. It is so simple to open. I would like an explanation. What I do not understand is that how come they open the door and the windows go down I have to start the car for the windows to come down. This was at the morning. Imaging at night. I could not find a website to complain just your site. It seems that the door lock it not attach to the door it is over the door don't you think this is the cheapest way for a Sequoia Toyota it costs a lot of money and I paid for nothing. I do not feel secure in my Sequoia. Can someone help me? I lost all my documents. I can not go to places because I think it will happened again and probably wont see it again. I am afraid to leave my car anywhere even at the garage because the alarm will never ring. Can someone explain to me if the door is open how come the alarm never rang. I do not want to use it at again.

- Sabana Hoyos, PR, USA

Jun 082008

In June 2008 at 88,000 miles I brought vehicle in for service, and was told the sway bar links were broken. This was covered under my extended warranty.

- Wilmington, NC, USA