2003 Toyota Sequoia engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota Sequoia:

2003 Toyota Sequoia Owner Comments

Jan 192007

Sequoia 8-cyl

I have a 2003 Toyota Sequoia that just had a major computer system failure with the skid control systems. There was no warning, the vsc lights came on in the dashboard and a loud sound came from the engine, like bending metal. This vehicle only has 28K in 3 1/2 years, and that means I'm 6 months past bumper to bumper warranty. I had heard about this problem previously because I had a similar problem within months of buying the car, but that was covered under warranty. As I research on-line at, I discovered that many people had the exact same problem and Toyota was not willing to fix the problem. I took the vehicle to Toyota and they replaced 2 computers related to the traction control systems at a cost of $2,300. They replaced: Translate computer assembly & skid control computer assembly. I'm upset because Toyota knows about this dangerous problem, and obvious expensive repair, and will do nothing about it. Moreover, my case is only one of many owners with the same problem. I ask you to review this ever growing issue with Sequoia's and Tundra and persuade Toyota to do the right thing, and issue a recall for the defective computer systems.

- Cary, NC, USA