1.7

2007 Toyota Sequoia brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Sequoia:

2007 Toyota Sequoia Owner Comments

Sep 142015

Sequoia

2007 Sequoia vsc trac sensor lights turning on and off and hearing grinding noise when accelerating and decelerating. Along with the vsc trac sensor lights turning on, the brake indicator light turns on as well. The most recent occurrence happened as I was picking up my daughter from school, and as I was pulling away from the school doing no more than 20 mph - my vehicle made a grinding noise and all the above listed indicator lights came on. I was able to (nervously) drive my vehicle home. This has also happened multiple times before at different speeds. During these instances, I have noticed decrease acceleration and my vehicle feels like the rear is sliding from side to side. I am afraid of not being able to stop in time, the brakes failing completely or a total loss of power as a result of this.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Aug 282012

Sequoia 8-cyl

My vehicle is a Toyota Sequoia 2004 4 wheel drive. Since about 2 years, the vsc and brake lights stay on off and on. I took this to the local dealer. He said this is an inherent problem in the Sequoia vehicles stretching from 2001 to 2007. He wanted to change a computer costing about $1200. In doing research on line, I noted that this is a constant problem in these vehicles. In one case, the brakes stopped working. 1. www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-Sequoia/228997-vsc-off-vsc-trac-brake-problem/ 2. wiki.answers.com/Q/toyota_sequoia_trac_light_vsc_light_on?#slide=1 3. www.toyotanation.com/forum/86-Sequoia-forum/177871-vsc-trac-pbrake-light-stay.html hope you can help with this persistent problem in multiple vehicles before someone has a major accident/death.

- Suwanee, GA, USA

Nov 062012

Sequoia 8-cyl

When at a complete stop (brakes applied), once releasing brake and slowly starting to move (less than 1 mph), everyone in the vehicle feels a nudge (like getting rear ended or a bad drive-line U-joint). Also, feel a similar nudge when the automatic transmission shifts from 3rd to 4th gear (possibly 4th to 5th gear with the over-drive on) at about 50 mph. These conditions constantly occur every time the vehicle is driven (everyday!). reported both conditions to the dealer numerous times since Nov 2012 (while under the extended warranty), and the dealer continues to say this is normal and continues to diagnose as suspension spring wrap/tension. The dealer action was to lube the drive-line U-joints (with no improvement). I do not buy it, and believe there is a much bigger issue/defect potentially with the automatic transmission and over-drive. Now my extended warranty has expired and the nudge continues and has intensified. This is a safety concern not to mention I will not be able to sell the vehicle with this condition (s.O.L). My recommendation, do not buy a Toyota truck or sport utility vehicle until Toyota addresses the issue/defect.

- Chandler, AZ, USA