2007 Toyota Sequoia miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Sequoia:

2007 Toyota Sequoia Owner Comments

Jun 302015

I was driving on the free way when I felt my vehicle rattled and a something came off the front driver side tire. I was able to take an exit and safety. I got out and checked the tire and found a 2X5 chunk of rubber was missing from the tire wall and the tire was going flat. When I tried to open the back-hatch to put on the spare tire the hatch latch wouldn't work. Upon closer inspection I found the plastic latch was broker and made it impossible to lower the the spare tire. I was fortunate to be close enough to home to drive it slowly before the tire went completely flat. Upon further investigation I found the latch issue to be a common problem with Sequoia 2002-2007 due to cheap plastic part and with out providing a secondary safety release to open the back-hatch in case of emergency. The dealer is charging $400 - $500 dollars labor to make the repair to a $20 dollar part.

- Pearland, TX, USA

Apr 302012

When I tried to open the back hatch, the latch broke. I had it replaced on the above date. About a year later, it broke again. Toyota reimbursed me what it cost to have it fixed again at a Toyota dealership on 8/19/13. About another year later it broke a third time. When I called Toyota, they said they would not do anything else to fix this recurring problem, I was on my own. I can only get into the trunk but putting the window up and down. (there is only a 1 year warranty on this part). It has been about a year since it broke again and a friend suggested I make this complaint. I have researched the internet and others with my car have complained about having this same recurring problem. They claim the part that is being used is plastic. I think this should be a recall problem and a quality part be used to fix it.

- Alpharetta, GA, USA

Feb 142011

Sequoia 8-cyl

On 2/14/11 I began to smell a moldy, mildew smell in my vehicle. After searching my car, I found the padding underneath the carpet in the cargo area behind the third row seats was wet. The top of the carpet was not wet and did not show signs of ever being wet. I took the car to the Toyota dealer on 2/15/11. The dealer removed both the second and third row seats and rolled the carpet and padding back. The car had standing water under the carpet and padding. The dealer took apart all of the moldings and panels in the car and ran various water tests. They finally discovered the water was entering my car through the third brake light assembly on the rear hatch door. The water trail ran between the molding/panels and the frame of the car under the carpet to the bare metal floor. They told me there was no way of me knowing water was entering my car because it was hidden behind the panels. The dealer explained to me there was no damage to the third brake light and the rubber seal behind the brake light was in tact with no cuts, tears or dry-rotting. They said the water came through the third brake light assembly due to a part failure. This is now a safety issue because of the mold and mildew in the carpet that my family and I have breathed in on a daily basis without our knowledge of water damage to the vehicle. This seems to be a more common occurrence than not with Toyota vehicles built between 2005 - 2008. A recall should be issued for this problem, similar to the recall that was issued on Toyota vehicles for the ¿cowl panel water leak¿ and ¿access door water leak¿.

- Rossville, TN, USA

Dec 232010

While driving 35 mph in a residential area with my foot on the gas, all of the sudden the engine revved up from under 2 RPM to almost 5 RPM. I pressed the gas to see if I could free up the pedal and the brake. Nothing worked, finally after a couple of seconds the car began loosing acceleration and I pulled over. Floor mat was not under the accelerator, something else made it rev up. We are bringing in the car Monday for inspection. I could not reproduce the problem since.

- Newark, CA, USA

Aug 102007

Seems there is a common problem when searched on Toyota Sequoias and Tundra from 02 to 07 vsc trac off and ECU replacement which is to do with skid control and can cause death and injury if it fails. Apparently I am finding out that thousands have registered with this site and no Toyota recall has been issued and the company doesn't want to recall because it is a 2300, repair. The computer chip is the problem and it goes bad that soon? wow Toyota is just turning the us government and people around and screwing them silly and laughing all the way to the bank. Please do something! it is a family car that is going to make the american families that buy it homeless with that kind of repair.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA