2007 Toyota Sequoia suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Sequoia:

2007 Toyota Sequoia Owner Comments

Jan 122016

The vehicle frame has structural rust and the spare tire carrier is almost rusted thru. The under car spare tire carrier is getting ready to fall out from the vehicle.

- Somers, NY, USA

Sep 142015

2007 Sequoia vsc trac sensor lights turning on and off and hearing grinding noise when accelerating and decelerating. Along with the vsc trac sensor lights turning on, the brake indicator light turns on as well. The most recent occurrence happened as I was picking up my daughter from school, and as I was pulling away from the school doing no more than 20 mph - my vehicle made a grinding noise and all the above listed indicator lights came on. I was able to (nervously) drive my vehicle home. This has also happened multiple times before at different speeds. During these instances, I have noticed decrease acceleration and my vehicle feels like the rear is sliding from side to side. I am afraid of not being able to stop in time, the brakes failing completely or a total loss of power as a result of this.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Jan 192015

Sequoia 8-cyl

On Monday afternoon 1/19/2015 was driving my 2007 Toyota Sequoia 40 mph as I drove my vehicle suddenly dropped on the left side & my tire flew off. Damage was done to my suspension as it scrapped & hit the concrete pavement damage was done to my rim. Now the dealership I purchased the vehicle from is currently working to resolve my issue. What happened to me has happened to many others where they will input your VIN into Toyota system but it does not populate that your vehicle is involved in the recall. Yet they recalled over 500,000 vehicle sold with the defect ball joint. This has cause substantial damage to a perfectly good vehicle.

- Houston, TX, USA

Nov 062012

Sequoia 8-cyl

When at a complete stop (brakes applied), once releasing brake and slowly starting to move (less than 1 mph), everyone in the vehicle feels a nudge (like getting rear ended or a bad drive-line U-joint). Also, feel a similar nudge when the automatic transmission shifts from 3rd to 4th gear (possibly 4th to 5th gear with the over-drive on) at about 50 mph. These conditions constantly occur every time the vehicle is driven (everyday!). reported both conditions to the dealer numerous times since Nov 2012 (while under the extended warranty), and the dealer continues to say this is normal and continues to diagnose as suspension spring wrap/tension. The dealer action was to lube the drive-line U-joints (with no improvement). I do not buy it, and believe there is a much bigger issue/defect potentially with the automatic transmission and over-drive. Now my extended warranty has expired and the nudge continues and has intensified. This is a safety concern not to mention I will not be able to sell the vehicle with this condition (s.O.L). My recommendation, do not buy a Toyota truck or sport utility vehicle until Toyota addresses the issue/defect.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Dec 252012

Sequoia 8-cyl

The Toyota Sequoia was being driven on the freeway at 65 mph when it was struck on the passenger side by a VW jetta that cut across several lanes as it entered the highway impacting the Sequoia in the rear quarter panel and the front passenger side fender, as well as some contact with the passenger side front wheel, this side impact broke the drivers side front wheel control arm, the wheel turned to the left tearing the tire apart pulling the Sequoia to the left causing it to crash into the center divider on the freeway. The impact fractured the driver's sternum.

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA