0.6

2008 Toyota Sequoia seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Sequoia:

2008 Toyota Sequoia Owner Comments

Dec 222014

Sequoia 8-cyl

The second row passenger side seat belt mechanism is defective and does not recoil consistently. We are concerned to put our children in this particular seat because the seat belt sometimes gets jammed and does not recoil making for a very unsafe situation. We cannot reliably trust this equipment. Our vehicle has very low mileage for it's age and we do not believe this defective part is cause by us because we do not always drive it with people in the back seat. I called Toyota experience and they said that my vehicle is out of warranty and that I could have it fixed at my cost. In my opinion, this is a safety issue cause by poor manufacturing which in my opinion should be a recall situation. I will bring the vehicle in to the dealer over the next couple weeks but I wanted to file a complaint so that it is investigated properly so others can get it fixed.

- Carlsbad, CA, USA

Mar 012014

Sequoia 8-cyl

The seats belt on my 2008 Toyota Sequoia stopped latching. They are located in the middle rear section of the car. Two of the three stopped working within a week of each other. I am at the dealer (eastern shore Toyota) now and they will only replace the one not latching. The other one has an intermittent issue with latching and has come unlatched before with my child in a booster seat. Why Toyota doesn't fix this today is beyond me. I guess they are O.K. with it coming unlatched. After all it's not their kid in the back seat. The seat belts are still under warranty, however Toyota will not fix it if they cannot recreate the problem. Shouldn't this be a major recall?

- Spanish Fort, AL, USA