2014 Toyota Sequoia miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Sequoia:

2014 Toyota Sequoia Owner Comments

Nov 252015

Sequoia

1.the windscreen cannot resist tiny pieces of stone-like debris of about.001cm diameters that sometimes fall from bigger truck and trailer ahead of you. I have a problem of the description above (my windscreen has a tiny deformation as a result of unsuspected contact with such road hazards) of which I called Toyota and filed a complaint. I was told to take my car to dealership for inspection, they concluded that they will not cover it because it's external factor. This car in question is less than 12,000 miles when it occurred. I have other cars I have driven for more than 10-13 year under similar condition without incident. 2.recently I noticed my gps and entertainment system was frozen up or restart in the middle of my trips. When it frozen I would be unable to adjust the volume of the radio or tune off or on. The gps will restart and re-route me to undesired destination. This has been frustrating for me and my family. 3.the tire pressure monitor is malfunction; even if my tire pressure is at a recommended level it will still display the notification.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Sep 292014

Sequoia

Front and rear parking assist sonar failed to work. The sonar failed to go off before hitting a 4 foot tall parking pole on passenger front bumper. Causing damage to the front bumper. Two days later a different driver backed into a 5 foot tall trash can on back driver bumper. Again, the sonar did not go off. The Toyota dealership said they knew it was frustrating, but their best advice was just to drive it like we didn't have sonar. We explained we bought the vehicle for it's safety devices. Having small children, sonar was a big part of our purchase decision. We just had to keep taking it back over and over. After taking the vehicle back to Toyota dealership 8 times telling them the parking sonar does not work, the sensors finally stop working and would not turn on. We immediately brought it to the dealership so they could see the sonar when it was malfunctioning. Prior to this, it was inconsistent. This time, it completely stopped working.

- Shawnee, KS, USA