1. replace door handles (4 reports)
1998 Toyota Sienna accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Toyota Sienna:

1998 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

Aug 012002

Sienna XLE V6

Quit blaming the kids! I have replaced 4 of these handles since owning this vehicle. There is however a way to make them last longer. Don't pull straight out on the handle. If you notice, the handle pivots like a door. Grab the handle at the front and gently pull, you should notice how it opens like a door. Yes, I agree they are made CHEAP, but I have showed the family how the doorhandle works, it's not like most doorhandles. Hope this helps, it took me awhile to figure it out.

- , Ravenswood, W.V, USA

Mar 232009

Sienna XLE V6

This is the 4th handle to break. It is ridiculous that we now only have one proper working door. I don't have a spare $200 laying around each time one breaks to fix it. These should have been a little more durable then they are. This is supposed to be a family car!

- , Vallejo, CA, USA

Aug 012008

Sienna LE V8

FOURTH door handle on this mini van broken and repaired by me.. Toyota's extraction of vengeance on Americans for Hiroshima.

- , Houston, TX, USA

Jan 132004

Sienna V6

It really sucks that Toyota uses the crappiest door handles in the world on their vehicles. I am guessing that they know there is a problem, but because it doesn't cost a whole lot people will just pay to have it fixed. Climbing over the seats is a major pain in the butt. Not only have the door handles broken off and I also had a major problem with the lights. I hit a bump on I95 at 10pm travelling through Jacksonville from Central Florida on our way to Savannah, Ga when the lights went out and then all I had were my high beams. That really sucked. I had never seen so many birds flying on I95 that late at night.

- , Cocoa Beach, FL, USA