2001 Toyota Sienna engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Sienna:

2001 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

Sep 012012

Sienna

I loved my 2001 Sienna but driving to FL it started making a loud thumping noise. Not exactly sure when the noise started because I had the radio up loud, but when I got close to the destination (5 hr drive) i turned down the radio and heard the thumping. My husband met me and checked the oil -- it was empty. I regularly had the oil changed and it had never been low. We put in oil, drove it to an oil chang place and had them clean it out and put in new oil. Drove it a few days and the oil was low again. Traded the car in Dec for a 2004 Sienna.

- , Huntsville, AL, USA