2001 Toyota Sienna fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Sienna:

2001 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

Apr 152004

Sienna 6-cyl

I have a 2001 Toyota Sienna.. having problems with evap control system. I cannot fill up the gas tank continously.. stops every few seconds... sometimes spilling gasoline..(started at about 46,000 miles).. I paid $98 dollars to a local toyotal service center to have it check. They said, my van has a problem with the "charcoal cannister" and would cost me $500 dollars to replace... I called Toyota customer service to find out if they will cover the cost of the replacement since they have a settlement issue with epa regarding these kind of problems. I understand they have a $20 million dollar settlement w/ epa for these kinds of violations.. but they cover vehicles manufactured up to 1998 only. They have extended the warranties for these vehicles to 14 years or 150,000 miles... if they are covering vehicles much older than mine, I think that the warranty for my vehicle should also be extended because it has a problem relating to the emissions. Also, $500 dollars is too much for a charcoal cannister replacement.. I would appreciate it very much if you can get this issue resolve with Toyota. They can always get the $500 from the $20 million settlement they had agreed w/ epa. Thank you very much, esteban

- W. Nyack, NY, USA