2001 Toyota Sienna seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Sienna:

2001 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

Apr 012002

Sienna

While driving seat belts in the back will lock up when driving. Consumer has to unlock the belt and then relock it. Contacted dealer.

- Tuscaloosa, AL, USA

Jul 012001

Sienna

The center rear seat beltappears very unsafe. When locked in place, my children can easily loosen the belt with just the touch of their fingers. The belt does not come out of the lock, but it moves the tightness and the kids are sitting without any restraint. They are able to get up and move around! I took it to the local dealer (maroone Toyota 4050 weston road-invoice #tocs317153) on 7/9/01. I was told that that is just how it is designed and there is nothing wrong. When I argued how unsafe it was, I was told maybe I should not put young children in that seat. How can this be"?" all of my seats need to be utilized with my large family and my kids friends. Please tell me if you have gotten any other complaints on this. Thanks.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA