5.6

2002 Toyota Sienna fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Sienna:

2002 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

May 042004

Sienna 6-cyl

I bought my 2002 Toyota Sienna, 05/04/2004, 7011 miles after my check engine light was on. Dealer fixed it by replacing emission control charcoal canister. In June 2005 & after approximately 1500 miles later, gas refueling valve started shutting off, even though gas was not full. Dealer checked & said I need a new emission control charcoal canister, because my previous canister was out of warranty, I have to pay $495 (part+ labor) to replace it. I complained of this problem repeating soon, dealer could not give satisfactory answer. In consumers website I have found out that there are lots of complaints about 2002 Toyota vehicles. Is it possible this part in this year failed more often than normal?

- New Hyde Park, NY, USA

Jan 262005

Sienna 6-cyl

I bough a 2002 Toyota Sienna new in 2001. The warranty ran out two months ago and now I have a problem. The problem is the car does not accept gas at the gas station. I brought it to the dealer (penn Toyota - 516-621-6800 ) for its annual inspection. I called to make the appointment and mentioned the problem, already, before seeing the vehicle they said it was the charcoal canister that is clogged. They replaced it at a cost of almost 500 dollars. I paid, left and went straight to a gas station. The car still does not accept gas. I returned the car. Now it needs two more parts that require four hours of labor at 85 dollars an hour and 200 dollars worth of parts. I mentioned that the problem has not gone away and that they replaced the carbon canister for no reason. They said yes it needed to be changed that they see this problem four to five times a week. Now what"?????"

- Glen Cove, NY, USA

May 252002

Sienna 6-cyl

Toyota Sienna sludge & fuel system failure.

- Lexington, NC, USA