2.0

hardy worth mentioning

2002 Toyota Sienna steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Sienna:

2002 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

Oct 252013

Sienna 6-cyl

I was driving the car to take dinner with my family when arrive to the restaurant I notice was a lot smog in the motor I open the hood was a lot smog so I plug out the battery and I call a mechanic and he tellme the fire was in the power steering pump he disconnect the cable from the power steering and tellme to bring the car to the dealer because is a safety problem and maybe have a recall. Thats by I want to no if is cover for the warranty or recall.

- Campbell, CA, USA

Jul 152013

Sienna

The contact owns a 2002 Toyota Sienna. The contact stated that the gear shift failed to shift out of park and drive. The failure recurred sporadically. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnosis where it was stated that the steering column needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Syracuse, NY, USA

Jan 282011

Sienna

The contact owns a 2002 Toyota Sienna. The contact was driving approximately 5 mph when the steering wheel became abnormally hard to maneuver. The contact stated that he was able to finally move the steering wheel but the vehicle would not respond. The vehicle was towed to the to the contacts place or residence. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing or repairs. The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 57,000.

- Minehill, NJ, USA

Mar 272009

Sienna

My wife was backing out of a parking space on a slight incline. When she stopped and tried to put the car into drive, the gearshift broke. We had the van towed to the Toyota dealer and they determined that the metal parts into which the gear shaft inserts had broken clean in half. Neither the customer service rep nor the mechanic had ever seen that happen before they claimed. Nevertheless, Toyota did not deem this to be a defect and we had to pay close to $800 to have it fixed. Had this happened on a steeper hill or had my wife been pulling out into a busy street, an accident most definitely could have occurred. I have kept the parts which I believe were faulty/defective. The parts that were replaced were a tilt steering support, a steering tube sub-assembly, a shaft sub-assembly and a tilt steering bolt.

- Cockeysville, MD, USA