8.2

1. replace the dash (15 reports)
  3. replace dash (2 reports)
  4. will not replace in mexico (1 reports)
2004 Toyota Sienna accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Sienna:

2004 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Aug 012011

Sienna XLE Limited AWD 3.3L

Have always used silver reflectorized sun protector in windshield when parked in sun. This is a $43,000 vehicle. Expected better from Toyota and a vehicle with this trim level. Dealer will only replace dash. (Afraid to ask about the cost!) Asked dealer about having it repaired rather than replaced. No response! Have found friends who have had cracked dashes repaired by 3rd-party shops which do a great job . Some of them had it done through their dealer. This dealer is too stupid to offer that. Will have done somewhere else anyway.

- , Mont Alto, PA, USA

May 012011

Sienna LE

click to see larger images

dashboard cracking dashboard cracking dashboard cracking dashboard cracking dashboard cracking

Cracks appeared within about the last 6 mo. First appeared passenger side. Looks like a razor blade made cuts. Car is garaged, no other signs of rotting or cracking further up on dash. I cannot imagine what it will look like if it continues! Have 98000 miles on it and I am recently retired and cannot afford massive repairs.

- , Dublin, GA, USA

Oct 012007

Sienna XLE Limited 3.2L

My next stop is NHSTA, IN WASHINGTON AS THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE. iF THE AIRBAG DEPLOYS, SHARDS OF BRITTLE PLASTIC WILL PRECEDE THE BAG AND HIT THE FACE OF OCCUPANT. OTHERS SHOULD CONTACT THEM AND ASK FOR A RECALL.

- , Key West, FL, USA

Jun 142010

Sienna CE 3.3L V6

click to see larger images

dashboard cracking dashboard cracking

Out of no where the dashboard started cracking all along the seams that run along the instrument panel, the radio, and the glove box. The cracks run from door-to-door. The vehicle has always been garaged and the dashboard has been regularly maintained. I see where a good number of other people have this same problem. It is an obvious manufacturers defect that Toyota has still not addressed. First contact with the Dealer was no help. All he said was I was out of warranty. Trying to make contact now with a Factory Rep through another more "influential" dealer. We will see if they truly stand behind their product.

- , Longwood, FL, USA

Apr 252011

Sienna XLE V6

We used to have a GPS mounted to the windshield and the bottom just barely touched the dash. After removing the GPS, there was a small crack where the bottom had rested on the dash. Several months later, I got in my car to find that the crack had extended to about 10" long. I don't see any other way to fix it than to replace the entire panel, which I'm sure is very expensive, so I haven't bothered asking for a quote.

- , Chesapeake, VA, USA

Jan 012010

Sienna XLE

Same problem with my Sienna. Started with a few cracks on the passenger side, and it has quickly spread all the way to the driver side of the dashboard. This has got to be a manufacturer's defect!

- , Aiea, HI, USA

Dec 022006

Sienna LE V6

I hardly use my car the first three years (less than 2,000 miles yearly). It was always park in the shadow. The first crack came 3 days after the 3 years warranty expired. Four years later the dash looks like a spider web.

- , San Juan, PR, Puerto Rico

Aug 032009

Sienna LE

Over the past 20 years we have owned 4 Toyota vehicles, 3 of which were vans. Until the Sienna, I was a die hard Toyota supporter. But given the problems we have had with this vehicle, I will NEVER own another Toyota. The latest issue is the the front dash which has started cracking all over the place. Even in places where it is not exposed to the sun.

- , Sugar Land, TX, USA