2005 Toyota Sienna accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Sienna:

2005 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

Feb 032014

Sienna 6-cyl

Seat warmer on drivers side burns my leg if left on for more than 2-4 minutes. Understand there is a recall for this year and model but was told by Toyota the recall does not apply to factory installed models(xle), which mine is, only vehicles which had seat warmers installed by southeast Toyota(set) as an option.

- Brunswick, GA, USA

Jun 142012

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Sienna. The contact stated that a two-year old child was secured in a child restraint by the vehicle seat belt system. The child was able to unlatch the seatbelt while sitting in the child seat. The contact believed that the design of the seat belts were unsafe to use in securing a child in the vehicle with a child seat. The contact consulted with the dealer about a seat belt cover to prevent the child from unlatching the seat belts, but the dealer advised that no such device existed. The failure and the current mileage was 123,000.

- Laurel, KY, USA

May 022009

Driver's seat loose. I found a bolt (a shoulder bolt) on the floor of our 2005 Toyota Sienna. The car had approximately 48,000 miles on it at that time. The seat is loose and when the position is changed, forward or back, there is a grinding noise like the gears (it is electric seat) are not meshing. My concern is if I am in an accident the seat will come loose (as it movers around now) and I will take the force of the seat as well as my body if it comes loose. There is also the possibility that the seat will change position if there is an accident and I will not be restrained by the seatbelts properly because the seat shifted my position and in addition I will not get the full effect of the air bags and air curtains when they deploy. When I found the bolt I immediately took the car to the Toyota dealership and was told there was nothing they could do because it is out of warranty. I had never mentioned warranty the service writer brought it up.. I spoke with Toyota customer service after the dealership said there was nothing they could do and Toyota said the same thing. They suggested I buy a $125 repair manual if I wanted to fix it myself. I asked if they would send me a copy of the page that pertains to the seat and they said they would try. (I was subsequently told by another person in Toyota customer service that the person wrote that I had refused to buy the service manual. Apparently he just said he would look for the pages and E-mail them to me to get me off the line. His note certainly indicates he had no intention of helping me get copies of the pages from the repair manual. ) it is obvious there is either a design issue or flaw or the shoulder bolt was not assembled or torqued properly. Bolts do not simply fall out of their own Accord. If this were not an important bolt Toyota would certainly not have gone to the expense of installing a hardened shoulder bolt as opposed to a regular bolt that is much less expensive.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Jun 242008

Driver's power seat stopped operating properly. Took vehicle to don joseph Toyota, kent Ohio. They advised that the seat frame/motor assembly, part number 71120-AE100, was defective and would need to be replaced. Service manager further advised that the item appeared to be a result of faulty engineering, but Toyota has yet to issue a recall. Service manager further advised that the vehicle could not be operated safely in its current condition.

- Stow, OH, USA