5.6

2005 Toyota Sienna wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Sienna:

2005 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

May 012007

Sienna

Serious uneven wearing of tires. Flat at inner shoulders but normal at center and outer shoulders for all the four tires.

- Maple Grove, MN, USA

May 042007

Sienna 6-cyl

Premature tire wear with run-flat tires. Tires replaced after 17,000 miles on the vehicle.

- Klamath Falls, OR, USA

Jan 162007

Sienna

The tires on our 2005 Toyota Sienna minivan have failed twice: Once in April 2006 and again in January 2007. Both times the low tire pressure indicator did not work. We warned Toyota the first time the sensor didn't work and they checked it and said it was working fine. Our tires failed again, and the indicator did not light this past time as well. Toyota has said we may have to pay for this latest set of tires.

- Potomac, MD, USA

Dec 042006

Sienna 6-cyl

: the contact stated while driving 40 mph on the highway, the right rear run flat tire blew out without warning. There were no obvious road hazards seen. The vehicle was inspected by a dealer, who determined that all four run flat tires needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was alerted. The tires were dunlop, run flat tires, and the tire line and size were unknown.

- New City, NY, USA

Oct 042006

Sienna 6-cyl

: the contact stated while traveling 40 mph on dry flat road conditions, the front passenger run flat tire lost air. At the same time, a reduced tire pressure light illuminated on the dashboard. The contact pulled over, and upon visual inspection, it was found that the tire had lost air pressure. The vehicle was driven 6 miles to the contact's residence, and the tire failed completely upon arrival. On 10/05/06, the manufacturer was contacted, and determined that the tires would be replaced under the 36000 mile warranty. The contact expressed that a vehicle without a spare tire posed a serious safety risk in the event that a consumer's tire failed on a highway without a cell phone. The front passenger run flat tire was replaced under a recall once before when the vehicle had 18000 miles because of excessive tread wear. The tire manufacturer was dunlop. Line was tubeless and size was 17 in.

- Stone Ridge, NY, USA

Sep 252006

Sienna

Excessive tire wear on Toyota Sienna minivan AWD. 2005 AWD 19,000 miles. Excessive noise. Has taken to dealer twice to try and get replacement. I read numerous incidents with these tire and the inability of the Toyota motor Corp. To fix the problem. Dunlop tires

- Forest Hill, MD, USA

Aug 152006

Sienna 6-cyl

Tire pressure warning system on my 2005 Sienna AWD (13,000 miles) turned on. Checked pressure in all tires, left rear was below 15 psi, all others were 25 psi (recommended pressure is nte 51 psi). Filled tire to specification tire pressure and light rescinded. Within 5 days, light reappeared with same procedures and results. Took to the dealer. Dealer replaced single tire indicating a nail was found. Within 30 miles, the replacement tire deflated (dunlop, oem run flat tires) on freeway. No tire pressure warning system light illuminated. Air pressure was checked and did not register any pressure, assume 0 psi. Triggered to check tire pressure after hearing a loud popping sound. Tire pressure warning system is not operating as expected and dealer indicates there is nothing wrong and "that's just how the system works". remaining dunlop oem run flat tires do not retain pressure greater than 25 psi. Dealer says they retain pressure when monitored there. But within 5 days, pressure returns to 25 psi.

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Jun 162006

Sienna 6-cyl

Catastrophic tire failure on a Toyota Sienna AWD van with run flat tires. Fortunately, no major injuries or damage this time. The tire pressure monitoring system failed to sense the lack of pressure in one of the tires. Driving on the tire with no air pressure caused catastrophic tire failure. I was told by the Toyota dealer the tire pressure monitoring did not malfunction, it simply does not work. It cannot be fixed since Toyota says there is nothing wrong.

- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA

Jun 032006

Sienna 6-cyl

: the contact stated while driving road debris was ran over causing a flat tire. The tire pressure senor did not indicator there was a flat tire. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was determined the tire was unable to be repaired due to the damage. The manufacturer was not alerted.

- Bend, OR, USA

Apr 162006

Sienna 6-cyl

In reference to my 2005 Toyota Sienna le AWD minivan, equipped with dunlop run flat tires. I am scheduled to replace all four of my tires tomorrow as a few weeks ago I was told by the dealership when I brought it in that the tires showed excessive wear and needed replacing. I believe the tires should be investigated as they are failing after short periods of time. One yr(19,000 miles). They have extreme wear and my van steering wheel shakes excessively over 55 mph (the reason I brought it to the dealership in the first place).making me very nervous to drive it until the tires can be replaced(at over $250 a tire). There are other consumer complaints of extreme wear and tires blowing out as well as steel belts showing and premature tread wear. This van was a top choice for safety for my husband and I as we have three children. However, if the tires aren't safe and they blow it really doesn't matter how safe the van is, I am sure I would end up crashing. As well as my last insurance bill increasing due to excessive claims on this type of vehicle. I can't state for sure but could probably assume that others are having problems, and getting in accidents due to the tires, that could be probably have been avoided.

- Auburn, NY, USA

Feb 062006

Sienna

Consumer passenger side rear tire deflated while driving. There were no warning lights, dealer informed consumer that there would be a warning light shown if pressure dropped to 5%. the warning light didn't illuminate to let the consumer know the tire had went flat. The consumer was informed the sensor was tied into the ABS.

- Bullhead City, AZ, USA

Mar 122006

Sienna 6-cyl

I am concerned about safety and wear of the run flat tires provided on my 2005 Toyota Sienna van. I have 12,000 miles on my tires and understand many complaints of needed replacement at 15,000 at a cost of approx. $345 per tire and availability of the tires is sparse. I was never told that the car was equipped with these tires and have no place for a spare if I wish to use a regular wearing tire. I think the car should be equipped with a place for a spare and tires recalled. I am taking a long trip and will have 15,000 miles on my car shortly. When I am away from home, I hear it can take weeks to locate a replacement run flat tire.

- Dunkirk, NY, USA

Oct 142005

Sienna 6-cyl

I have a 2005 Toyota Sienna AWD that is equipped with Bridgestone run-flat tires. I was given no spare tire with my vehicle. I was traveling with my family on October 14 2005 on interstate 5 in ca. At 4 am when my tire went flat at 70 mph. The low tire pressure warning system failed to notify my wife who was driving that the tire had lost air pressure. She continued to drive until the tire started to disintegrate and she felt the vehicle start to pull to the right. There we were stuck in the middle of nowhere with a destroyed tire and no spare. I was forced to have my van towed to bakersfield ca. And have the tire replaced with a standard tire since the run-flats are impossible to find. Toyota refuses to compensate me in any way for this irresponsible design they have on their AWD Siennas. I don't want these unsafe tires on my van and I want a spare. I paid $40,000 for this van and should have been given a spare tire. I was led to believe that these garbage tires would take the place of a spare which they obviously do not!

- Bend, OR, USA

Jan 152006

Sienna 6-cyl

After only 19,000 miles of use, the run-flat tires on my Toyota Sienna have been worn away significantly to a dangerous level. The dealer has recommended only replacement with the same exact tire model, as no other tire brand or model may be used with this vehicle. At only 6,000 miles one tire had failed spontaneously without triggering the low-pressure warning system. I had been told by dealer the non-visible edge of tire (side facing toward the vehicle) had worn through the tread completely. That tire was replaced at my cost, assuming it was a unique and isolated incident. I see now that these tires are inadequate.

- Lagrangeville, NY, USA

Dec 052005

Sienna

My 2005 Toyota Sienna le AWD has just 7,000 miles on it. Recently took it to the dealership for a regular service and requested that they look at the tires as I was experiencing vibration when driving. Dealership said that all four tires needed to be replaced as soon as possible as there was cupping and uneven wear. They suggested that I caused this problem by driving on the tires under-inflated or by somehow not maintaining them. However, I am meticulous about maintaining my vehicle and I have not noticed at any time that the pressure was too low, and never at any time did the low tire pressure warning go off. Still haggling with dealership to determine whether they will pay to replace them, though I'm not sure replacing them will do much good in another 7,000 miles. No failures, injuries, or deaths to report, ... yet. With these poorly made, defective tires, it's only a matter of time.

- Carson City, NV, USA

Dec 012005

Sienna

I am filling out this complaint before one of my bridgstone run flat tires on my new Toyota Sienna fails. I am not happy with having to drive on these dangerous tires. Nor am I happy with the alternatives to replace them. These 2 reputable companies are not taking responsibility for these extremely costly and potentially dangerous tires.

- Palos Heights, IL, USA

Nov 012005

Sienna 6-cyl

Run flat tires on Toyota Sienna nearly bald after only 15,000 miles.

- Haymarket, VA, USA

Nov 122005

Sienna 6-cyl

Got a nail in a run flat tire on my 2005 AWD Sienna van. Took it to the dealer for repair or replacement under warranty. Dealer told me that it was not covered under warranty because the nail was in the sidewall and then offered to sell me 4 new run flat tires for my 3 month old van for $1300. Had four regular tires put on the van and also bought a new wheel for a spare since the AWD van does not come with a spare tire (Bridgestone).

- Black Mountain, NC, USA

Oct 102005

Sienna

Dunlop run flat tires wear excessively and need to be replaced after only 14,000 miles or less and present a safety issue.

- Bloomfield Hills, MI, USA

Sep 162005

Sienna 6-cyl

Found out on September 16, 2005 that the tires were extremely worn.out. Took the vehicle to the dealer for an oil change and the mechanic had the consumer come out and look at the tires, and said the tires must be replaced. The indication for the tires never gave any notice that the inflation was not proper. There was no vibration, or abnormal bulging and this vehicle is serviced regularly at the Toyota dealer. These are Bridgestone ran flat tires, they have premature wear, had replace all four tires. Had maintained the tires according to the Toyota maintence plan. They did not want to replace the tires because they could not issue a tire warranty. Consumer wanted states that the mechanic's recommendation that all four tires be replaced. There was wear on the inside of the tires and iwasnot visible from outside. Consumer wanted to believe that Toyota was going to help him, but it was at his expense.

- Golf Shores, AL, USA