6.2

2005 Toyota Sienna wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Sienna:

2005 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Feb 072014

Sienna

Michelin "hydroedge" xse tires. 90K mile warranty. After 30K miles there are deep dangerous seperations in the tread pattern on the shoulder at every single tread loop on all 4 tires.. reports say tires explode form loss of internal integrity and people have died in accidents caused from these blowouts.. web search confirms that there are many complaints and blowouts. Tire shold be on a safety recall list but they are not. Tires were so defective that Michelin had to stop production. This is a safety hazard for blowouts. When will Michelin be forced to recall these tires before someone else dies from a blow out"??" when I attempted to fill out the rest of this form, the form would not allow me to enter the name for a tire line, "hydroedge" xse and the fact that all four (4) tires have the same defect. Also two of my tires do not have any date stamp in the dot # area. How could this be"???"

- Berwyn, IL, USA

Aug 062014

Sienna

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Sienna. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V273000 (tires); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Kingston, NY, USA

Sep 062014

Sienna

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Sienna. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 14V273000 (tires) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for repair. The dealer stated that the parts were not available. The dealer removed the spare tire and placed it in the trunk for the past 8 months. The manufacturer was made aware of the delay. The contact had not experienced the failure. Updated 7/21/15

- Muskego, WI, USA

Apr 012015

Sienna

2005 Toyota Sienna. Consumer writes in regards to the spare tire cable recall issues. The dealer informed the consumer, the part was not available. For safety purposes, the dealer removed the tire and placed inside the vehicle. For the past six months, the consumer was informed the part was still not available.

- Sayville, NY, USA

Sep 082014

Sienna

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Sienna. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V273000 (tires) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Parma, OH, USA

Aug 112014

Sienna

215/65R-16 Michelin defender sl; less 15K miles driven a cut through outer layers of sidewall and windings visible. Thought it was likely some unnoticed road hazard until happened to second tire: Again, do not recall any incident likely to have cut the tire. In 40+ years of driving, only these two sidewall cuts, on same make of tire, make me wonder if the compound is inherently weak. Photo available of second cut.

- Socorro, NM, USA

Mar 112015

Sienna

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Sienna. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V273000 (tires) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Taylor Mill, KY, USA

Sep 102014

Sienna

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Sienna. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V273000 (tires) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Cassopolis, MI, USA

Jan 212014

Sienna 6-cyl

2005 Toyota Sienna le ims rampvan I replaced all 4 tires w / pirelli 215 / 65R / 16 centurato P5S in May 2009 at approx 16500 miles, oem dunlops were unsafe according to a google search, I went to americas, they said the pirelli is the best, im a quadriplegic & I need a reliable vehicle we as we all do....I had a flat tire, aaa changed it they said it had cracked sidewalls & cord was showing between the tire tread & the sidewall as if had been on a lathe, we took pics of the worst tire & we have 2 more of this brand on the front axle w / a similar wear patterns... im a disabled certified mechanic & I have done 100S of alignments & I have never seen a wear pattern like this, we took it back to where we bought them to have it checked out, we did & they said the tire had an unusual wear on 1 side of the tread / sidewall & they needed to replace all 4 & the warranty did not cover it, so we had to buy 2 for the rear axle as that's all I can afford at this time..... they told me it needed a 4 wheel alignment & all 4 shock absorbers replaced too.... my crookdar went off & I play dumb to see what they say & I start documenting everything...I have it checked out at the dealership...took my Sienna into the Toyota dealership for its 40K service & told them what America tire told me, the dealer checked it out & said it didn't need an alignment & the shocks seem fine to them but might need replacing only because my vans 9 yrs old & that the 2 front tires are weather checked & are dangerous.......so I google pirelli tire complaints & bam, theirs 1000S of people w / the same problems as myself......so now I go to war w / americas tire & pirelli.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Jul 012007

Sienna 6-cyl

Replace all 4 tires @ 9,000 mile due to pressure monitor fail to report, an alignment has was done at around 5000 mile because showing tire wear. Toyota states it's tire not the monitor system. I have the receipts to prove it. If it's the tires, why don't they replace them. Tires came with the car when I did purchased.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Jun 012006

Sienna

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Sienna equipped with dunlop SP4000 tires. While having the vehicle inspected at an independent repair shop, the contact was informed that the vehicle would not pass inspection because all four tires were bald. The tires were replaced by an authorized dealer under warranty. Since having the tires replaced, she had experienced four blowouts on the front and rear tires. She was informed by the authorized dealer that the failure had most likely occurred because the tires were not being rotated on schedule and were under-inflated. After each blowout, the failed tire would be replaced with a new dunlop SP4000 tire. There were no further failures. The failure mileage was 10,000 and the current mileage was 66,000.

- Stoneham, MA, USA

Feb 022008

Sienna

Safety issue - vehicle was not equipped with a spare tire, jack and tire wrench. Run-flat tires were prematurely worn prior to 30K. Toyota dealers refuse to resolve tire issues and will not add spare tire and jack to vehicle. This is major highway safety issue!

- Sandy Hook, CT, USA

Oct 152009

Sienna

Regarding 2005 Toyota Sienna investigation PE06010 tires: Pressure monitoring and regulating systems which is "closed", I have experienced this twice. Two flat tires, with dunlap run flats, both tires severely damaged by running without enough pressure, no warning lite came on. Scary to think you can drive at freeway speeds and not know you have a flat, but when you exit the car and happen to notice the flat you feel lucky not to have crashed. Toyota dealer says this is just the run flats doing their job. I had two sets of these run flats and have switched to standard radials and feel safer, at least I will know when I have a flat tire while driving! sorry I don't have the tire/model size info in front of me now but I can look at receipts for further details. I know it was sport something, and 17". the dunlaps went to recycling so I don't have their serial numbers.

- Prior Lake, MN, USA

Aug 092009

Sienna

Toyota Sienna 2005 oem tire valve stem cracked.

May 192009

Sienna

Toyota Sienna 2005 oem tire valve stem cracked.

Jul 092007

Sienna

Toyota Sienna 2005 oem tire valve stem cracked and leaked air slowly. Toyota dealer replaced valve stem.

May 242009

Sienna 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Sienna. The vehicle has dunlop runflat tires, size P225 60 R17 (na). While the contact was examining her vehicle, she noticed a bump near the rim of the tire. Whenever she would drive 40 mph or greater, the vehicle would begin to shake. The dealer could not determine the cause of the failure. The tire mileage was 15,000. The vehicle mileage was unknown. Updated 12/07/09. The consumer stated the tread was coming apart on the tires. Updated 12/08/09

- Ephrapa, WA, USA

Nov 102008

Sienna 4WD

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Sienna. At 25,000 miles, the seat belts on the front driver and passenger sides and the rear middle seat stopped functioning properly. The dealer could not duplicate the failure and stated that if the seat belts would not fail in their presence, nothing could be done. On a separate occasion, the driver's side seat belt finally failed and the dealer replaced the seat belt under warranty. The dealer refused to make repairs to the other seat belts even though the vehicle was still under warranty. The contact was concerned that the seat belts would not provide adequate protection if a crash occurred. The VIN and mileages were unknown. Updated 03-06-09 the consumer also stated she has run flat tires, however the tire sensor did warn her that her tire went copletely flat. There was a strip of rubber missing from the tire. The consumer was informed the tire sensor did not work with run flat tires. Updated 03/11/09.

- Lake Oswego, OR, USA

Jun 052008

Sienna

I purchased four Goodyear tires 215/65R16 from justtires in Mar 07. Within a few days, there were three valve stem issues (leaking) on three different tires. About 3 mo later, there was a fourth incident. Justtires seems to know about this problem, as they showed no surprise and repaired it immediately. Although there was no accident or such, there ancillary problems resulting in my losing a full day of personal work (I am a research scientist). The cost of repairs was covered by justtires, but not my lost time. I bring this up as there was an issue in chinese made valve stem in Ford vehicles tires posed in today's aol. Could this be a similar problem?

- Thousand Oaks, CA, USA

May 012007

Sienna

Serious uneven wearing of tires. Flat at inner shoulders but normal at center and outer shoulders for all the four tires.

- Maple Grove, MN, USA