5.7

2005 Toyota Sienna wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Sienna:

2005 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jan 212014

Sienna 6-cyl

2005 Toyota Sienna le ims rampvan I replaced all 4 tires w / pirelli 215 / 65R / 16 centurato P5S in May 2009 at approx 16500 miles, oem dunlops were unsafe according to a google search, I went to americas, they said the pirelli is the best, im a quadriplegic & I need a reliable vehicle we as we all do....I had a flat tire, aaa changed it they said it had cracked sidewalls & cord was showing between the tire tread & the sidewall as if had been on a lathe, we took pics of the worst tire & we have 2 more of this brand on the front axle w / a similar wear patterns... im a disabled certified mechanic & I have done 100S of alignments & I have never seen a wear pattern like this, we took it back to where we bought them to have it checked out, we did & they said the tire had an unusual wear on 1 side of the tread / sidewall & they needed to replace all 4 & the warranty did not cover it, so we had to buy 2 for the rear axle as that's all I can afford at this time..... they told me it needed a 4 wheel alignment & all 4 shock absorbers replaced too.... my crookdar went off & I play dumb to see what they say & I start documenting everything...I have it checked out at the dealership...took my Sienna into the Toyota dealership for its 40K service & told them what America tire told me, the dealer checked it out & said it didn't need an alignment & the shocks seem fine to them but might need replacing only because my vans 9 yrs old & that the 2 front tires are weather checked & are dangerous.......so I google pirelli tire complaints & bam, theirs 1000S of people w / the same problems as myself......so now I go to war w / americas tire & pirelli.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Jul 012007

Sienna 6-cyl

Replace all 4 tires @ 9,000 mile due to pressure monitor fail to report, an alignment has was done at around 5000 mile because showing tire wear. Toyota states it's tire not the monitor system. I have the receipts to prove it. If it's the tires, why don't they replace them. Tires came with the car when I did purchased.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Jun 012006

Sienna

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Sienna equipped with dunlop SP4000 tires. While having the vehicle inspected at an independent repair shop, the contact was informed that the vehicle would not pass inspection because all four tires were bald. The tires were replaced by an authorized dealer under warranty. Since having the tires replaced, she had experienced four blowouts on the front and rear tires. She was informed by the authorized dealer that the failure had most likely occurred because the tires were not being rotated on schedule and were under-inflated. After each blowout, the failed tire would be replaced with a new dunlop SP4000 tire. There were no further failures. The failure mileage was 10,000 and the current mileage was 66,000.

- Stoneham, MA, USA

Feb 022008

Sienna

Safety issue - vehicle was not equipped with a spare tire, jack and tire wrench. Run-flat tires were prematurely worn prior to 30K. Toyota dealers refuse to resolve tire issues and will not add spare tire and jack to vehicle. This is major highway safety issue!

- Sandy Hook, CT, USA

Oct 152009

Sienna

Regarding 2005 Toyota Sienna investigation PE06010 tires: Pressure monitoring and regulating systems which is "closed", I have experienced this twice. Two flat tires, with dunlap run flats, both tires severely damaged by running without enough pressure, no warning lite came on. Scary to think you can drive at freeway speeds and not know you have a flat, but when you exit the car and happen to notice the flat you feel lucky not to have crashed. Toyota dealer says this is just the run flats doing their job. I had two sets of these run flats and have switched to standard radials and feel safer, at least I will know when I have a flat tire while driving! sorry I don't have the tire/model size info in front of me now but I can look at receipts for further details. I know it was sport something, and 17". the dunlaps went to recycling so I don't have their serial numbers.

- Prior Lake, MN, USA

Aug 092009

Sienna

Toyota Sienna 2005 oem tire valve stem cracked.

May 192009

Sienna

Toyota Sienna 2005 oem tire valve stem cracked.

Jul 092007

Sienna

Toyota Sienna 2005 oem tire valve stem cracked and leaked air slowly. Toyota dealer replaced valve stem.

May 242009

Sienna 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Sienna. The vehicle has dunlop runflat tires, size P225 60 R17 (na). While the contact was examining her vehicle, she noticed a bump near the rim of the tire. Whenever she would drive 40 mph or greater, the vehicle would begin to shake. The dealer could not determine the cause of the failure. The tire mileage was 15,000. The vehicle mileage was unknown. Updated 12/07/09. The consumer stated the tread was coming apart on the tires. Updated 12/08/09

- Ephrapa, WA, USA

Nov 102008

Sienna 4WD

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Sienna. At 25,000 miles, the seat belts on the front driver and passenger sides and the rear middle seat stopped functioning properly. The dealer could not duplicate the failure and stated that if the seat belts would not fail in their presence, nothing could be done. On a separate occasion, the driver's side seat belt finally failed and the dealer replaced the seat belt under warranty. The dealer refused to make repairs to the other seat belts even though the vehicle was still under warranty. The contact was concerned that the seat belts would not provide adequate protection if a crash occurred. The VIN and mileages were unknown. Updated 03-06-09 the consumer also stated she has run flat tires, however the tire sensor did warn her that her tire went copletely flat. There was a strip of rubber missing from the tire. The consumer was informed the tire sensor did not work with run flat tires. Updated 03/11/09.

- Lake Oswego, OR, USA

Jun 052008

Sienna

I purchased four Goodyear tires 215/65R16 from justtires in Mar 07. Within a few days, there were three valve stem issues (leaking) on three different tires. About 3 mo later, there was a fourth incident. Justtires seems to know about this problem, as they showed no surprise and repaired it immediately. Although there was no accident or such, there ancillary problems resulting in my losing a full day of personal work (I am a research scientist). The cost of repairs was covered by justtires, but not my lost time. I bring this up as there was an issue in chinese made valve stem in Ford vehicles tires posed in today's aol. Could this be a similar problem?

- Thousand Oaks, CA, USA

May 012007

Sienna

Serious uneven wearing of tires. Flat at inner shoulders but normal at center and outer shoulders for all the four tires.

- Maple Grove, MN, USA

May 042007

Sienna 6-cyl

Premature tire wear with run-flat tires. Tires replaced after 17,000 miles on the vehicle.

- Klamath Falls, OR, USA

Jan 162007

Sienna

The tires on our 2005 Toyota Sienna minivan have failed twice: Once in April 2006 and again in January 2007. Both times the low tire pressure indicator did not work. We warned Toyota the first time the sensor didn't work and they checked it and said it was working fine. Our tires failed again, and the indicator did not light this past time as well. Toyota has said we may have to pay for this latest set of tires.

- Potomac, MD, USA

Dec 042006

Sienna 6-cyl

: the contact stated while driving 40 mph on the highway, the right rear run flat tire blew out without warning. There were no obvious road hazards seen. The vehicle was inspected by a dealer, who determined that all four run flat tires needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was alerted. The tires were dunlop, run flat tires, and the tire line and size were unknown.

- New City, NY, USA

Oct 042006

Sienna 6-cyl

: the contact stated while traveling 40 mph on dry flat road conditions, the front passenger run flat tire lost air. At the same time, a reduced tire pressure light illuminated on the dashboard. The contact pulled over, and upon visual inspection, it was found that the tire had lost air pressure. The vehicle was driven 6 miles to the contact's residence, and the tire failed completely upon arrival. On 10/05/06, the manufacturer was contacted, and determined that the tires would be replaced under the 36000 mile warranty. The contact expressed that a vehicle without a spare tire posed a serious safety risk in the event that a consumer's tire failed on a highway without a cell phone. The front passenger run flat tire was replaced under a recall once before when the vehicle had 18000 miles because of excessive tread wear. The tire manufacturer was dunlop. Line was tubeless and size was 17 in.

- Stone Ridge, NY, USA

Sep 252006

Sienna

Excessive tire wear on Toyota Sienna minivan AWD. 2005 AWD 19,000 miles. Excessive noise. Has taken to dealer twice to try and get replacement. I read numerous incidents with these tire and the inability of the Toyota motor Corp. To fix the problem. Dunlop tires

- Forest Hill, MD, USA

Aug 152006

Sienna 6-cyl

Tire pressure warning system on my 2005 Sienna AWD (13,000 miles) turned on. Checked pressure in all tires, left rear was below 15 psi, all others were 25 psi (recommended pressure is nte 51 psi). Filled tire to specification tire pressure and light rescinded. Within 5 days, light reappeared with same procedures and results. Took to the dealer. Dealer replaced single tire indicating a nail was found. Within 30 miles, the replacement tire deflated (dunlop, oem run flat tires) on freeway. No tire pressure warning system light illuminated. Air pressure was checked and did not register any pressure, assume 0 psi. Triggered to check tire pressure after hearing a loud popping sound. Tire pressure warning system is not operating as expected and dealer indicates there is nothing wrong and "that's just how the system works". remaining dunlop oem run flat tires do not retain pressure greater than 25 psi. Dealer says they retain pressure when monitored there. But within 5 days, pressure returns to 25 psi.

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Jun 162006

Sienna 6-cyl

Catastrophic tire failure on a Toyota Sienna AWD van with run flat tires. Fortunately, no major injuries or damage this time. The tire pressure monitoring system failed to sense the lack of pressure in one of the tires. Driving on the tire with no air pressure caused catastrophic tire failure. I was told by the Toyota dealer the tire pressure monitoring did not malfunction, it simply does not work. It cannot be fixed since Toyota says there is nothing wrong.

- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA

Jun 032006

Sienna 6-cyl

: the contact stated while driving road debris was ran over causing a flat tire. The tire pressure senor did not indicator there was a flat tire. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was determined the tire was unable to be repaired due to the damage. The manufacturer was not alerted.

- Bend, OR, USA