2006 Toyota Sienna seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Sienna:

2006 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments (Page 5 of 13)

May 082013

Sienna 6-cyl

All of a sudden, the air bags (SRS) light came on and kept blinking. It stays blinking whenever the car is started. I checked the manual and am sure it is the SRS light (not for the seat belt). The car was purchased in Dec 2006, and I have not had air bags issue before. Really concerned about the safety of this car given the short period of time that I own it.

- Groton, CT, USA

Jun 122012

Sienna

My Sienna had a air bag code B0111 and flashing all the time. It might take over 3,000 dollars to fix that problem. Plus, my family is not safe in my Sienna. I do not know what to do.

- Ellicott City, MD, USA

Aug 042009

Sienna 6-cyl

Airbags intermittently and unpredictably become non-functional. That is, the warning light goes on and off at unpredictable intervals. I am told by the dealer service representatives that the airbags are non-functional (I.e., system shut down) when the warning light is flashing. This is a severe safety concern to me for the sake of my family. It is galling since the airbag system was a major selling point of the car. Attempted repairs by dealer on August 4, 2009 under warranty replaced the airbag assembly on one side but did not fix the problem of repeated intermittent failure. After the vehicle was out of warranty, Toyota refused to address their failed attempts at repair, and I was quoted well over $2,000 to fix the problem as per Toyota service bulletin T-sb-1062-10 on July 20, 2011. This proposed repair apparently included replacing the previously replaced airbag as well as the assembly on the other side. I delayed the repair at risk to family on account of the extreme cost. Also, I appealed to Toyota corporate representatives since the problem had been a persistent and unremedied one since during the warranty period. Recently, the Toyota dealer informed me that a new Toyota service bulletin isolates the defect somewhat from previous Toyota T-sb-1062-10 and reduces the cost of the repair to somewhere near $400 (although I paid $47.50 to learn that). But after that recent service by Toyota on June 20, 2013, the warning light is off again, and the airbags are presumably functioning again for a while. This intermittently has been the problem with getting this defective airbag system fixed under warranty as it should be. Also, the intermittent and repeated failure of the units suggests a faulty design and a safety defect that should be addressed in all of the vehicles. I have seen similar airbag concerns of other 2006 Sienna owners on various online bulletin boards.

- Butte, MT, USA

May 242013

Sienna 6-cyl

Drove van for approximately 20 minutes, parked it for an hour, when I got back in, my airbag light was indicating. Called dealer, told me to bring it in for a $150 fee just to read the light. Took it to my mechanic who told me the driver's side airbag was indicating and they had received a technical service bulletin about it and had several Toyota in with the same issue.

- New Market, MD, USA

Jun 102013

Sienna

Airbag warning light came on - third time since we purchased this vehicle new.

- Fairfax, VA, USA

Jun 032013

Sienna 6-cyl

Air bag light on dash started blinking and has continued blinking whenever vehicle is operated.

- Binghamton, NY, USA

Jun 072013

Sienna

Our SRS airbag light has come on and will not go off. We have had no accidents in this vehicle. We have gotten a cost estimate to fix this problem and it is well over $1000. We have read online that there are numerous accounts like this that have not been taken care of by Toyota. What should the consumer have to pay for faulty wiring and be in danger of their SRS systems not working properly?

- Provo, UT, USA

May 132013

Sienna 6-cyl

Air bag warning light is on.

- Rutherford, NJ, USA

Mar 112008

Sienna

This is the 3rd time the SRS (air bag) warning light has came on and stays flashing and will not go off. Have had in to Toyota dealerships 2 times in the past to get fixed and this is the 3rd time. Do not remember dates or milage, but they should be on record if entered by dealerships. Both times were under warrenty. This time it has been on for about 10,000 miles or more, and after reading on line about many other people have the same problem, I would like to get this fixed and fixed right. I do not think the cost should come out of my pocket and do not know if the air bags will work when needed or if they can go off while driving this vehicle.

- Crystal City, MO, USA

May 012008

Sienna

The air bag warning light on a 2006 Toyota Sienna came on around 60,000 miles in 2008. The local Toyota dealer reset the warning light, and it was fine for a while. Since that first time, the warning light was come on a minimum of 5 more times and each time the dealer has reset it. In the last two years, the warning light has been on 100% of the time. Dealer said once that the whole air bag system would need to be replaced. All other times, dealer has said air bag system is okay, it is just a problem with the connection. Toyota is not fixing this problem. Is it going to take someone dieing to get this problem fixed? I guarantee no executive at Toyota would drive his/her family in a vehicle with the air bag warning light on.

- Pontiac, IL, USA

Dec 062011

Sienna

We continue to have issues with the air bag sensor. I take it to the dealer and they reset. It is off for a while and then it appears again. This has been an on going issues since 12/2011 when I purchased this vehicle. No recall has been done. I fear that if they just continue to reset that a real issue may be missed.

- Land O Lakes, FL, USA

Apr 232013

Sienna 6-cyl

SRS warning light came on, and continues to blink. Trouble / diagnostic codes of B0111, and B1152 appear. Toyota service bulletin (tsb) 0162-10 addresses this issue. Apparently, the terminals / connections inside the wiring harness corrode, and must be replaced. Cost is @ $3000 to repair. Please look at: www.aboutautomobile.com/complaint/2006/Toyota/Sienna/airbag. there are hundreds of upset Sienna owners wondering why a recall is not forthcoming from this Agency. This affects safety, and the components are failing despite the fact that the airbags were never deployed.

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

May 012013

Sienna

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Sienna. The contact stated that the air bag warning light was illuminated. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 78,847.

- Bend , OR, USA

Apr 252013

Sienna 6-cyl

Air bag has gone off for no apparent reason repair is above $1,500. Talked to owner he meant to say that the airbag light is on, not that the air bags had deployed.

- Cedarburg, WI, USA

Apr 262013

Sienna 6-cyl

The SRS light came on as I was driving home from work. This vehicle has been in no accident and is well maintained. I took the car to the dealer and said that a tsb has been issued. However, my warranty period is over. I believe the car should still be covered. It appears to be a common issue based upon my google search.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Apr 132013

Sienna 6-cyl

Airbag light comes on an won't turn off.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Apr 012013

Sienna 6-cyl

In June 2012 first SRS warning light appeared while driving family out of town. On 6/20/2012 vehicle was taken to Toyota dealer and was repaired. Cause : replace passenger airbag assembly. In August 2012, airbag warning light (SRS) came back and the vehicle was taken to Toyota dealer and was repaired. Cause, code EL1110, replacing the harness. In November 2012 the SRS light came back and the vehicle was taken to Toyota again. The cause was again code EL1110, needing replacement of harness. Since harness was just recently replaced, the repair technician verified every pin on the connector and found some pins not making good contact and repaired the problem. On April 3, 2013 the SRS warning light is on yet again! plan to take the car to Toyota dealer again but I am getting suspicious that there may be a larger more serious problem hidden in the airbag system of this vehicle. Fortunate to extended warranty, I had not been charged for past repairs, but it was in thousands of dollars. My warranty is to expire shortly and I feel I will be dealing with this life threatening issue should Toyota not investigate and find a sound solution or provide a recall on SRS system for this vintage vehicle.

- Yorba Linda, CA, USA

Apr 102013

Sienna 6-cyl

SRS light start blinking then stay on while driving. Checked both SRS electrical connectors under front seats and both appears properly connected. Pulled out both connectors and pushed them back in, yet SRS light still stay on.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Jan 082013

Sienna 6-cyl

Blinking airbag light appeared randomly, no causal incident. Repair will cost over $1000. Airbag wiring should not go bad on it's own after so few years and so few miles.

- Draper, UT, USA

Dec 222005

Sienna 6-cyl

Passenger air bag light went on. Reported it to Toyota leesburg during its first maintenance appointment. Technician did something under the passenger seat and the light disappeared. He said that it poses no problem. Light went on again about a month later. Reported the incident several times during maintenance checks. Light kept coming back on until the warranty expired.

- Leesburg, VA, USA