2006 Toyota Sienna seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Sienna:

2006 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments (Page 5 of 13)

Jun 102013

Airbag warning light came on - third time since we purchased this vehicle new.

- Fairfax, VA, USA

Jun 032013

Sienna 6-cyl

Air bag light on dash started blinking and has continued blinking whenever vehicle is operated.

- Binghamton, NY, USA

Jun 072013

Our SRS airbag light has come on and will not go off. We have had no accidents in this vehicle. We have gotten a cost estimate to fix this problem and it is well over $1000. We have read online that there are numerous accounts like this that have not been taken care of by Toyota. What should the consumer have to pay for faulty wiring and be in danger of their SRS systems not working properly?

- Provo, UT, USA

May 132013

Sienna 6-cyl

Air bag warning light is on.

- Rutherford, NJ, USA

Mar 112008

This is the 3rd time the SRS (air bag) warning light has came on and stays flashing and will not go off. Have had in to Toyota dealerships 2 times in the past to get fixed and this is the 3rd time. Do not remember dates or milage, but they should be on record if entered by dealerships. Both times were under warrenty. This time it has been on for about 10,000 miles or more, and after reading on line about many other people have the same problem, I would like to get this fixed and fixed right. I do not think the cost should come out of my pocket and do not know if the air bags will work when needed or if they can go off while driving this vehicle.

- Crystal City, MO, USA

May 012008

The air bag warning light on a 2006 Toyota Sienna came on around 60,000 miles in 2008. The local Toyota dealer reset the warning light, and it was fine for a while. Since that first time, the warning light was come on a minimum of 5 more times and each time the dealer has reset it. In the last two years, the warning light has been on 100% of the time. Dealer said once that the whole air bag system would need to be replaced. All other times, dealer has said air bag system is okay, it is just a problem with the connection. Toyota is not fixing this problem. Is it going to take someone dieing to get this problem fixed? I guarantee no executive at Toyota would drive his/her family in a vehicle with the air bag warning light on.

- Pontiac, IL, USA

Dec 062011

We continue to have issues with the air bag sensor. I take it to the dealer and they reset. It is off for a while and then it appears again. This has been an on going issues since 12/2011 when I purchased this vehicle. No recall has been done. I fear that if they just continue to reset that a real issue may be missed.

- Land O Lakes, FL, USA

Apr 232013

Sienna 6-cyl

SRS warning light came on, and continues to blink. Trouble / diagnostic codes of B0111, and B1152 appear. Toyota service bulletin (tsb) 0162-10 addresses this issue. Apparently, the terminals / connections inside the wiring harness corrode, and must be replaced. Cost is @ $3000 to repair. Please look at: there are hundreds of upset Sienna owners wondering why a recall is not forthcoming from this Agency. This affects safety, and the components are failing despite the fact that the airbags were never deployed.

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

May 012013

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Sienna. The contact stated that the air bag warning light was illuminated. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 78,847.

- Bend , OR, USA

Apr 252013

Sienna 6-cyl

Air bag has gone off for no apparent reason repair is above $1,500. Talked to owner he meant to say that the airbag light is on, not that the air bags had deployed.

- Cedarburg, WI, USA

Apr 262013

Sienna 6-cyl

The SRS light came on as I was driving home from work. This vehicle has been in no accident and is well maintained. I took the car to the dealer and said that a tsb has been issued. However, my warranty period is over. I believe the car should still be covered. It appears to be a common issue based upon my google search.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Apr 132013

Sienna 6-cyl

Airbag light comes on an won't turn off.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Apr 012013

Sienna 6-cyl

In June 2012 first SRS warning light appeared while driving family out of town. On 6/20/2012 vehicle was taken to Toyota dealer and was repaired. Cause : replace passenger airbag assembly. In August 2012, airbag warning light (SRS) came back and the vehicle was taken to Toyota dealer and was repaired. Cause, code EL1110, replacing the harness. In November 2012 the SRS light came back and the vehicle was taken to Toyota again. The cause was again code EL1110, needing replacement of harness. Since harness was just recently replaced, the repair technician verified every pin on the connector and found some pins not making good contact and repaired the problem. On April 3, 2013 the SRS warning light is on yet again! plan to take the car to Toyota dealer again but I am getting suspicious that there may be a larger more serious problem hidden in the airbag system of this vehicle. Fortunate to extended warranty, I had not been charged for past repairs, but it was in thousands of dollars. My warranty is to expire shortly and I feel I will be dealing with this life threatening issue should Toyota not investigate and find a sound solution or provide a recall on SRS system for this vintage vehicle.

- Yorba Linda, CA, USA

Apr 102013

Sienna 6-cyl

SRS light start blinking then stay on while driving. Checked both SRS electrical connectors under front seats and both appears properly connected. Pulled out both connectors and pushed them back in, yet SRS light still stay on.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Jan 082013

Sienna 6-cyl

Blinking airbag light appeared randomly, no causal incident. Repair will cost over $1000. Airbag wiring should not go bad on it's own after so few years and so few miles.

- Draper, UT, USA

Dec 222005

Sienna 6-cyl

Passenger air bag light went on. Reported it to Toyota leesburg during its first maintenance appointment. Technician did something under the passenger seat and the light disappeared. He said that it poses no problem. Light went on again about a month later. Reported the incident several times during maintenance checks. Light kept coming back on until the warranty expired.

- Leesburg, VA, USA

Mar 252013

Sienna 6-cyl

The SRS light came on and we cannot get it to turn back off, our vehicle is not under warranty anymore and Toyota dealership has advised us even if it was they wouldn't be able to assist us. This is a safety issue and we are worried for ours and our children's life's if we were to to be in an accident.

- Salem, OR, USA

Dec 242012

Sienna 6-cyl

Air bag warning light came on signifying a system failure. This is a chronic issue with 2006 Siennas, regardless of mileage. Seems to be more a matter of time.

- Lopez Island, WA, USA

Mar 132012

Sienna 6-cyl

Airbag light indicator in the dash started blinking until now. From what I have read, some airbags may not deploy in the event of an accident due to this, thus, a safety issue. I have read in the forums that this is a common problem for the type/model of my minivan. My minivan is already out of the warranty and personally think that there should be a recall for this issue. If fear for the safety of my family whenever we use this minivan.

- Round Lake Park, IL, USA

May 242012

Sienna 6-cyl

Air bag light turned on at 78,080 miles. Took it to dealer and was told the passenger side air bag and floor harness needed replacement. Repair was quoted at around $1500. After discussions with dealer and trying to get an explanation as to why an air bag would need replacement with just normal operation of the vehicle, my dealer was able to get the parts covered by Toyota and I paid for labor $861. In January 2013, the air bag light turned on again at 84,132 miles. Took it to the dealer and was told the driver side air bag needed replacement and the harness could be fixed. My dealership offered me the same deal as Toyota would pay for the parts and me the labor $796. I had my car fixed because I did not want to compromise my and my family safety but had every intention by then to file a complaint with Toyota which I did on January 24, 2013. I told them I should not be responsible for any of the costs of the repairs; faulty air bags should be the responsibility of the manufacturer. I also told them I did not understand why there was no recall on those air bags after everything I read online. Toyota researched my case, talked with my dealership and after 3-4 conversations in about 1 week period, my claim was denied. They took no responsibility, reminded me that they had already provided the parts (because I was a good customer at my dealership) and offered me $500 towards my next car purchase should I be in the market for a new car in the next one to two years! funny!! as there will never be another Toyota in my driveway.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA