2006 Toyota Sienna wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Sienna:

2006 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Apr 202006

2006 Toyota Sienna limited 60,000 miles. All 4 alloys have bubbling and corrosion. Toyota motor Corp refuses to address this problem stating that warranty 3/36 is past. Extended warranty from Toyota does not cover this.

- Naperville, IL, USA

Feb 152006

I have a 2006 Toyota Sienna xle limited AWD. The alloy is flaking off my wheel rims. This started almost immediately after my purchase in 2006. Now all 4 rims have a large amount of alloy missing. Eventually this will lead to rusting and rim failure. I've been checking for a recall/replacement notice but all I see are similar complaints and no replacement offer. I've consulted with dealers and they say I will have to pay to have them replaced.

- Saint Peter, MN, USA

Jan 012007

Re: safety problem with 2006 Toyota Sienna xle, our Sienna is not safe. On numerous occasions the wheels were spinning when we tried to drive after stopping at the stop sign, at traffic lights, or in the middle of the intersection. It is a very dangerous malfunction, because it prevents the driver from merging into or escaping from heavy traffic of northern Virginia. It happened in all kinds of weather and road surface conditions. I am a very careful driver; I spend a lot of time driving my three young children. I never had an accident and I never had a problem with the spinning tires on any other car I have driven. We contacted our dealership and Toyota company. Their first response was that it is not their problem. After our intervention the dealership agreed to drive test our car. The test was performed by one of the employees (not clear if he had any car safety inspection training). He took our car for a short drive around the neighborhood, alone, in the perfect weather, reporting back that he did not notice any problem. The test drive was a complete waste of time. We have problems with the car usually when there is more than one person in the car, during the rain etc; in other words, in average driving conditions. Since the test we had the same problem again, many times. I believe we are not the only owners of Sienna, who have the same problem. I observed it several times on the street, with other Siennas. Also, my informal poll among our friends gave the same results.

- Arlington, VA, USA

Feb 102007

Sienna 6-cyl

I have a 2006 Toyota Sienna mini van AWD which builds up mud and snow on the inside of the wheels. When the snow and mud begin to fall off, the car begins to shake violently. When this occurs you are only able to drive the car safely up to approximately 25 mph. At 45 - 55 mph the vehicle shakes so violently that if I hit a patch of ice or water I would lose control and create an accident.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA