2007 Toyota Sienna miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Sienna:

2007 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jul 092016

Sienna

While backing out of garage tapped (literally tapped) the edge of the drivers side view mirror on the garage frame. There was a popping sound and the mirror glass shattered, a 1 inch triangular piece of the housing popped out at the site of impact and a greenish yellow fluid sprayed onto the drivers window and door. I have inquired of Toyota and the mirror maker (gentex) as to the nature of this fluid which irreparably stains car paint. No response as yet. I am a physician and would like to know what to tell a patient who might have the window down and gets this fluid on skin or in eyes. I understand this auto-dimming technology is in multiple makes of cars. What safety studies have been done on this "fluid"? I see from the internet that these side view mirror "explosions" have been happening randomly since at least 2004 in many makes of cars.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Jul 272016

• 1,100,000 miles
Driving on the highway 70 mph, my side rear window blew out.

- Oak Forest, IL, USA

Oct 012012

Sienna

Takata recall - dashboard is literally melting and a sticky substance. Worst of all it is so shiny, like oil, and is blinding when the sun hits it. I've reached out to my Toyota dealer to honor the recall but they are still saying they can't do anything yet. I'm concerned of getting into an accident with the blinding glare.

- Coral Springs, FL, USA

Apr 202016

Sienna

We were driving when back corner window detached from vehicle. No one injured or killed, but that easily could have happened if people were in vicinity. Same situation happened with other back side window a few years earlier on freeway, nearly striking vehicle behind us. Toyota was contacted but refused to recognize faulty design as their responsibility. I checked internet to learn other Sienna van owners experienced same problem. Please document as it is only a matter of time before someone is injured or killed due to neglect by Toyota.

Apr 182016

Sienna

As I was accelerating on a city street, going uphill, the accelerator got stuck in the pedal-down position and the car started revving on its own. At the time, I was going about 10-15 mph and the car accelerated to about 25mph before I was able to stop it. I quickly removed my foot from the accelerator and stepped on the brakes which slowed down the acceleration, but did not stop the revving or the acceleration. I tapped the accelerator with my foot which seemed to loosen the accelerator (it became unstuck) and stopped the revving of the engine. I pulled over to calm myself before driving on. This was the third time I have experienced this; the other two times happened on the freeway and was resolved the same way; by stepping down on the accelerator to make it unstuck. The action is very similar to the emergency-brake engage/disengage function on the Toyota Sienna.

- Ssf, CA, USA

Dec 182015

Sienna

Power sliding door cables keep braking. Third time bringing car back for repair of this problem.

- East Meadow, NY, USA

Oct 282015

Sienna

2007 Toyota Sienna- both sliding door not functioning. They get stuck. Since 2014 we are having this problem. In the beginning it was only left side sliding door. When you open the door it open. However if try to close it doesn't close and it is stuck. After several attempts it close. Few months ago I took to a dealer but they didn't check that and check some thing else. When you go to the dealer they took whole day to check your car. Any way recently my right side sliding door also stop working. In addition, I think my back door also not functioning properly. I am planning to take this to a dealer. I hope they will fix it without any charge. It is not our fault. I am sure it is a mechanical problem in the door lock system. I bought this car for my kids school. It is easier to pick up and drop them in school with auto sliding door. Now it doesn't work and it really sucks and very annoying I have to get out of my car every time when I want to pick up or drop off my kids. They can't close the door.next time I will think twice before I buy again this car.

- Duluth, GA, USA

Sep 152015

ABS module failure. Dealer replacement part $2800 plus labor

Sep 152015

Sienna

I opened the rear door and it would not shut. I took it to a mechanic that sent me to a body shop who referred me to the dealer. The center assembly hinge needs to be replaced. The door closed but had a crack and today when made a left turn the door opened by itself. Imagine if a child was in the back seat!!!

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Mar 242014

Sienna

Although Toyota has a service bulletin out about the faulty rear sliding doors' cable/lock breaking it would not cover mine due to mileage. I feel that the fact that the door will not open/stay open and slides closed is a safety issue for a child or even adult . particularly when parked on a hill.

- Orleans, MA, USA

Jul 222015

Sienna

Driving down road, heard loud pop, then sounded like wind rustling. Stopped at gas station and noticed the sunroof had shattered. Luckily, the insulation panel was closed and kept glass from falling on driver and passengers. Nothing out of the ordinary had happened leading up to this event. It was a clear, warm day.

- Dyersburg, TN, USA

Jul 202015

Sienna

In 2010, the previous owner had the oil cooler hose replaced under a recall. It appears to have failed again and all of the oil came out of the vehicle and sprayed all over the engine and undercarriage. This failure has been well-documented by other owners, happening at the same approximate mileage that mine did. Toyota's repairs to the problem are inadequate. At highway speed, the engine could seize, causing the driver to lose power and possibly control. Fortunately, I was on local roads when this happened to me. I do not know what, if any, engine damage occurred.

- Berwyn, PA, USA

Jul 072015

Sienna

The passenger side power sliding door of my Toyota Sienna minivan came open while I was driving. I stopped and tried to shut the door but it would not latch. It will not stay shut, even when the door is locked, child lock is on, and the automatic door power is turned off. I had 4 children in the car at the time and this could of been a major incident! apparently Toyota knows they are having problems with the doors as they have extended the warranty on them. The latch on the passenger side door was replaced in April at 119,000, but now Toyota is saying they will not cover it under the extended warranty because of the mileage being 122,257.. there should not be a mileage limit on a problem that could have dangerous consequences! updated 10/07/15

- Moon Township, PA, USA

Sep 232014

Sienna 6-cyl

Re; recall 14V273000, never had a failure, had original recall done yet service dept cut off spare tire carrier cable and relocated spare tire to inside of vehicle. Wife is handicapped and we cannot use the rear of the vehicle to Transport her mobility scooter. I believe waiting 7+ months for a fix is unreasonable, especially since spare tires have been located under vehicles for decades.I would hope Toyota could come up with a fix instead of sitting around and doing nothing !

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Dec 292015

Sienna

Cracked dash board despite garage kept vehicle.

Oct 032014

Sienna 6-cyl

Rear liftgate does not stay open and falls completely to slam close as as it reachs the top to fully opened. This happens with and without power so rear liftgate is not usuable even manually.

- Indian Rocks Beach, FL, USA

Sep 132014

Sienna 6-cyl

I was parallel parking, backing into a parking space on a long bridge in a downtown/busy area. When I tapped the accelerator lightly to back up, my van suddenly lurched back (in reverse), accelerating so quickly I felt like I was in a rocket ship being lifted into the air. My wheel was turned in preparation for backing into the space. At a breakneck speed, my van accelerated in reverse, lurching up a large concrete step (all 4 tires), squealing erratically. Then it continued across a wide sidewalk/pedestrian area, the bumper hitting the bridge, immediately knocking about 20 feet of a concrete railing from the bridge into the river below. Luckily, my wheels basically bounced off the bottom portion of the bridge, which was secured by a large concrete block at the base of the bridge. This all happened in about 1 second... it didn't take long. The first thing I tried when this happened was hit the brakes. They didn't move. It was like they were locked. As my van bounced forward after it bounced off the concrete block, I was able to get it into park. I am lucky there were no pedestrians on the bridge, as they would have been crushed immediately by the concrete, and thrown into the river below. I'm also incredibly fortunate my van didn't continue in reverse, plunging itself, and me, into the river. It was a harrowing experience and two weeks later, I am still not quite past it. I am a safe driver and this is my first "real" accident in 25+ years of driving. My van is totaled.

- Ankeny, IA, USA

Nov 012013

Sienna 6-cyl

The rear liftgate fails to stay open and will close automatically very quickly. This can cause injury if persons using the rear luggage area cannot move out of the way before it closes.

- Carmel, IN, USA

Jan 072012

Sienna 6-cyl

Faulty rear liftgate struts. In 50 degree weather, struts fail and door drops and automatically continues to close. Problem is ongoing. No injury.

- Santa Barbara, CA, USA

Feb 012011

Sienna 6-cyl

2007 Toyota Sienna xle at the three year age, the rear bungee's that move the rear hatch up and down began to fail. Toyota reluctantly (out of warranty) replaced. Prior to, the hatch would fall continually and strike our heads. In the six months since, the hatch has stayed up but I feel the new bungee's are too strong. Now the automatic closing feature has failed. You have to really pull on the hatch to close. Toyota denies any "history" of issues with the hatch system on our vehicle.

- Crandon, WI, USA