2008 Toyota Sienna accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Sienna:

2008 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

Dec 242007

I leased a Toyota Sienna from king Toyota in deerfield beach. It is an xle with leather, sunroof, and dvd player. I requested the "factory dvd" player and sunroof, and was told I was getting one. When I got home with the car, I put the dvd screen down, sat in the front seat, and realized the monitor completely obstructed my rear view window. I cannot see behind me because the screen is too low and too large. What I later discovered was that the "factory" was actually a factory owned by southeast Toyota, and not Toyota in Japan. In otherwords, it is the equivalent of an aftermarket system. The difference is that when SE Toyota installed the dvd player and sunroof, the actually lowered the roof so that it falls below the interior dimensions that the Sienna with a moonroof is supposed to have. Practically speaking, the lower roof makes it nearly impossible to install a dvd player that does not obstruct me rear view. Had they installed the items in Japan, like I thought I was getting, there would not be an obstruction. So far, king Toyota is not willing to do anything to resolve this problem.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA